P700 After market seat

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I actually bought some used beard seats. However, once I started brainstorming a game plan to install them I quickly realized it would be a ton of work. The seats are still sitting in the garage and I haven't given it much thought lately. I'd love to be able to throw some bucket seats in this thing.

Reactions: N2baja
jinx

jinx

Sep 27, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a friend with some old fiberglass bucket seats with the padded vinyl covers like used in the old rail buggys.
I considered the idea myself, but like LandPioneer mentioned, I think it would take some real planning and fabbing to hopefully come up with something that's fairly easy to mount/remove when needed.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a friend with some old fiberglass bucket seats with the padded vinyl covers like used in the old rail buggys.
I considered the idea myself, but like LandPioneer mentioned, I think it would take some real planning and fabbing to hopefully come up with something that's fairly easy to mount/remove when needed.
Not sure if any of you've viewed the post but @JACKAL did a bucket install on a 500. He is actually where I got the seats I have... I was kind of hoping someone else would install in a 700 first. Sooner or later I'm going to have to break down and use my own brain power! Lol

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Too much work for me ... Plus I like the bench seat...I can take a hard right hand turn and the wife is ALL OVER ME...haha
Lol I hear ya... The bench seat is fine except when you are riding rocky rough trails. Instead of bouncing around the bench seat it would be more comfortable to have a bolster hold you in place. I'd like to find an easy way to switch back and forth depending on the terrain we are riding. However, from the looks of the pan design under the bench seat it may be a pipe dream. If I could make my Pioneer a little more comfortable when trail riding I could quit considering buying a Sport SxS o_O

Reactions: Deluxe700
MikeG

MikeG

Dec 30, 2017
Baton Rouge LA.
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lol I hear ya... The bench seat is fine except when you are riding rocky rough trails. Instead of bouncing around the bench seat it would be more comfortable to have a bolster hold you in place. I'd like to find an easy way to switch back and forth depending on the terrain we are riding. However, from the looks of the pan design under the bench seat it may be a pipe dream. If I could make my Pioneer a little more comfortable when trail riding I could quit considering buying a Sport SxS o_O
4 point harness would be a lot easier

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
4 point harness would be a lot easier
That was actually one of the first things I did. The harness straps rub the top of your shoulders with a bench seat unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, they are better than the stock seat belt. The bolster of bucket seats seem to keep you more stable.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Has anyone replaced the stock bench seat in the 700 ?
Thanks
I'm thinking @hondabob did this on a 700, if you can pry him off the desert trails long enough to get a response.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I installed a Teryx Seat Back in my 700 and 1000. I do a lot of 5 to 7 hour rides and need the better seat. You will need to remove the seat foam and order the Teryx seat frame. I cut off the bottom off the seat frame and use 4 bolts to install it to the stock seat plastic base.
P1060288

20171213 205903 resized

P1000sport

B

Bspica

Feb 11, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Do not currently own
Trying to decide between the 700-4 and the 1000-5 but I would prefer to somehow make the 700 into 3 people in front. Has anyone done this or know how to easily?

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Tried automotive racing seats in P700 just could not get the comfortable Cradel position without a lot of fabrication.

Put zrz1000 seats & center console in P700 for a while before traded in. They fit my @as just nice & Definately the bolsters help hold you in place on rough trails.
Those rzr 1000 seats are now in the P500 with smaller console.
Fabricated in the P500 using --- OEM BOTTOM Cushion Mounts & rubber bushing and one existing bolt hole. --- easy in & out

With a little imaginatiorn & fabrication skills can be accomplished in P700 --- rzr 1000 seats in a P700 using a simular method OEM BOTTOM Mounts & bushings & get the quick change option your loocking for.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!