After much consideration Received Talon X4

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi all,

Big thanks to those who shared experiences of the pioneer and talon. Thrilled with my decision and look forward to hopefully get into the mountains this weekend.

I’ll share my perspective from a guy coming from a 3/4 ton Duramax. Will have some fun designing more utility storage, specifically in the back seat area.

cheers,

Steve

9BDF64CB BCBB 44E1 9ED4 7882492745EB
5433D7F8 A3EE 40ED 90D3 0902EB5E7C56

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hi all,

Big thanks to those who shared experiences of the pioneer and talon. Thrilled with my decision and look forward to hopefully get into the mountains this weekend.

I’ll share my perspective from a guy coming from a 3/4 ton Duramax. Will have some fun designing more utility storage, specifically in the back seat area.

cheers,

Steve

View attachment 270856View attachment 270857
WELCOME from NW Arkansas! Notice what what color is out front on your machine? Red always brings up the rear! As you have probably picked up by now, there is a big rift going on about the fastest color! HA!

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
First drive, about 50 miles into the mountains. Hit enough snow actually had to turn around. Was so excited for the drive forgot my air gauge, compressor and recovery ramps.

it was definitely nice to cruise more comfortably at a faster pace than my 3/4 ton. Plus, turning around would have been a no go with my 22’ truck.

Now I need to air down and try those snow spots again to see if I can get through them.

AEBDDDAA A243 4097 A9BF 08F1CBA818BE 9DC86F94 5957 4128 90C9 C7B927D7139B

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Hi all,

cheers,

Steve

View attachment 270856View attachment 270857

Looking good.

Any pictures of the 3/4 ton wheeing rig?

Reactions: lifeisgoodsteve
L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
It's more like my stock 3/4 ton freighter I use to go hunting and access the backcountry, as I've basically done nothing to it besides go with 34" BFG KO2's. It actually took very good care of me without getting stuck in a bit of snow and this hairy hill climb.

The video doesn't do the steepness justice but for my inexperienced self the pucker factor was up there as it was so steep I couldn't see the ground. So thankful I made it up at the very end as I would NOT have wanted to try to back down that. Rookie me at the time hadn't aired down from the 70/80psi towing pressures.

I supposed that's one place the crew cab long bed helped with stability, though the 23 point turns on fire roads were always fun.

Needless to say it was so much more comfortable to explore questionable conditions in the Talon.

IMG 0875 IMG 6833

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, with the tires at 10 front/ 12 rear, I'm officially loving it. Looks like the pups are diggin' the blowin' wind too. Was a quite chilly today in the mountains so looking forward to when the Tusk fold down windshield arrives at the end of the month.

Driving 20 miles up a forest road is now a pleasure.

IMG 2032
IMG 2016
IMG 1979

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!