P700 Aftermarket muffler / how to reduce noise

D

Davega1

Nov 5, 2022
Atlanta
Ownership

1. 700-4
I searched the threads but didn’t hit a good specific on the subject of options to reduce engine noise on 700-4. I have an 18 and took it hunting for the first time this weekend. Even using paddle Shifters to keep rpm’s low it was, well let’s say not stealthy. I’ve seen thr things you can bolt on the end but not really that good based on reviews.

Amy experience addressing this problem?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
good luck with that. There isnt much if any thats why u cant find anything. The Pioneer is quiet enough compared to others.
I hunt and have bo issues with the noise.

Welcome to the forum BTW.
We have a Rule when u first post so we know your lagit. Its Rule #4
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
of your rig

D

Davega1

Nov 5, 2022
Atlanta
Ownership

1. 700-4
About all I got

AA67B97E 3478 4820 B1A3 49C27B5063FF

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I searched the threads but didn’t hit a good specific on the subject of options to reduce engine noise on 700-4. I have an 18 and took it hunting for the first time this weekend. Even using paddle Shifters to keep rpm’s low it was, well let’s say not stealthy. I’ve seen thr things you can bolt on the end but not really that good based on reviews.

Amy experience addressing this problem?
I bought a Silent Rider I took before and after sound measurements. I can't find them right now but I can tell you it reduced the sound level behind the machine but increased the sound level in the cab. It reduced the power and increased the operating temperature. Best way to quiet a 700 is to sell it and buy a 1000

onecreeper

onecreeper

May 21, 2021
Kansas City, MO
Ownership

1. 700-4
advice -- buy a lefty eco friendly electric buggy or electric golf cart if you want stealthy quiet.....
That may be the case but when your battery goes dead in the woods or on the trail the noise coming out of my mouth will not be fit for children and will probably be louder than the tornado sirens.

As for muffler, I just put this on this week. $35 from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YI3KHGM?tag=sxsweb24-20 It claims to reduce the airflow restriction to provide a bit more power and change/lower sound. It does sound a bit different, "seems" quieter and in the mile I road it, no idea if power is changed or not. I didnt expect much of a difference for $35 but I did it anyway. It says it doesnt fit Pioneer but it doese and a 5 minute install. I ordered the silver one because they said the black paint eventually burns off....of course I received the black one...didnt want to mess with returning so I installed. NEXT.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
With the gear whine and noise coupled this creaks, groans and clanking about the 700s are never going to be quiet.
This.

I am a bit surprised when people talk about "exhaust noise" on a 700. Hell, the rear diff is louder than the exhaust at most speeds.

And keep in mind that what you are hearing in the cab isn't what things outside of it hear. I've found that when another 700 drives by me, im surprised by how quiet it actually is from outside.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!