P1000 Aftermarket shocks

P

P1K_deluxe

Jan 3, 2022
Glenfield ny
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wondering how many trail/seasonal road riders actually spent the money on a set of aftermarket shocks? Thinking like the LE fox set up, walker Evans, elkas, etc. I'm just not sure I want to spend the money unless there is a large difference in ride quality. I'm riding in a 2020 5 deluxe by the way. Thanks in advance.

CRob8348

CRob8348

Dec 12, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Any of the three you mentioned will give you a better ride. I personally have Elka stage 4's on my 19' 3 seater. Huge difference in ride quality for me. There will be others here that have even more advice. Good luck and congrats on the machine!!

P

P1K_deluxe

Jan 3, 2022
Glenfield ny
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any of the three you mentioned will give you a better ride. I personally have Elka stage 4's on my 19' 3 seater. Huge difference in ride quality for me. There will be others here that have even more advice. Good luck and congrats on the machine!!
Thanks. We have owned it since new purchased February 2020 and have been doing upgrades as the budget allows. Elkas are pricey but I'm sure worth the extra coin.

Reactions: toddvdh and Lady01
Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also have a 2020 p1k5 deluxe and mostly use my machine to get firewood and some light trail riding with kids. It gets more miles than my truck in an average week. I felt the stock suspension was far to stiff and made it about 800 miles before I dropped in a set of fox f/r. Have around 1200 miles on the new shocks and have been pleased with them both on the road and trail.

I really wanted to pull the trigger on elka but couldn't let go of the extra cash for what may have been an incremental improvement over stock. Would also love to hear from someone who has owned the different brands and could speak to the differences.

Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you do much trail riding I would also recommend removing your anti-sway bar. Didn't change roading behavior in a noticeable way (I did some swerve testing with and without). Made a big difference for off road stability since the rear can't fully flex with it on.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm just not sure I want to spend the money unless there is a large difference in ride quality.
Ive seen your machine! Its a sharp ride. Its missing some shocks regardless. Thats a nice ride but with stockers 🤨 lol. I rode mine with stockers for a year thinking the samething back in16’ one TO and that was it. Never looked back! Bought a set of Foxes. Its a marked difference on ride quality. Second of all, if your married and your wife rides with you? You owe it to yourself to upgrade the stockers;)

P

P1K_deluxe

Jan 3, 2022
Glenfield ny
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive seen your machine! Its a sharp ride. Its missing some shocks regardless. Thats a nice ride but with stockers 🤨 lol. I rode mine with stockers for a year thinking the samething back in16’ one TO and that was it. Never looked back! Bought a set of Foxes. Its a marked difference on ride quality. Second of all, if your married and your wife rides with you? You owe it to yourself to upgrade the stockers;)
Thank you. I'm not married per say but her and I have been together for going on 18 years. One cool thing about her is she let's me buy what I want haha. I have been pondering the shock upgrade since this time last season but with so many options I want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck. I do like the fox shocks because i know they are a direct bolt on and I wouldn't have to fret about it making the machine taller as I have a height restraint with my garage door opening.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I have been pondering the shock upgrade since this time last season

I have less than ~60 miles on my Camo 2021 P1K5 Deluxe and I took @Remington's advice to just order the Fox QS3 shocks and be done with it.

but with so many options I want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck. I do like the fox shocks

You said you have a 1000-5 Deluxe, correct? There is a thread on here summarizing how to order these for just under $1,400 for all four shocks. Here is an abridged version of the instructions:

1. Navigate to ronayers.com and create a new account.
2. Once logged in, close the window.
3. Follow each of the two links below (one for a pair of fronts, one for a pair of rears), each time adding the product to your cart. Don't worry about the prices in the listing -- the discount will apply after they are added to your cart.
4. Complete your order

Current price for all four is $1,383.92 ($679.96 for the fronts and $703.96 for the rears). UPS Ground shipping is free and sales tax is collected only if you live in North Carolina.

Fox QS3 front shocks for Pioneer Deluxe
Fox QS3 rear shocks for Pioneer Deluxe

Important: The fronts are on extended backorder with no expected ship date yet, so you have to be patient if you want to save some decent coin on these. I have no idea if the rears are (now) on backorder, too, as I ordered mine back on 11/9/2021. They have my rears there now, but I told them to wait to ship anything until they had all four. This way, if I find them elsewhere for less (I know I won't), I can cancel my order @ Ron Ayers without any cost or restocking fee.

P

P1K_deluxe

Jan 3, 2022
Glenfield ny
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Scoop thank you for the tip, one good thing about me working at a dealership I get them at 10% over cost. I just want to be sure the LE fox shocks are the best bang for the buck. Other side of this is the red springs would have to undergo a color change lol.

J

Jaybro130

Mar 14, 2022
Cabot, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have less than ~60 miles on my Camo 2021 P1K5 Deluxe and I took @Remington's advice to just order the Fox QS3 shocks and be done with it.

You said you have a 1000-5 Deluxe, correct? There is a thread on here summarizing how to order these for just under $1,400 for all four shocks. Here is an abridged version of the instructions:

1. Navigate to ronayers.com and create a new account.
2. Once logged in, close the window.
3. Follow each of the two links below (one for a pair of fronts, one for a pair of rears), each time adding the product to your cart. Don't worry about the prices in the listing -- the discount will apply after they are added to your cart.
4. Complete your order

Current price for all four is $1,383.92 ($679.96 for the fronts and $703.96 for the rears). UPS Ground shipping is free and sales tax is collected only if you live in North Carolina.

Fox QS3 front shocks for Pioneer Deluxe
Fox QS3 rear shocks for Pioneer Deluxe

Important: The fronts are on extended backorder with no expected ship date yet, so you have to be patient if you want to save some decent coin on these. I have no idea if the rears are (now) on backorder, too, as I ordered mine back on 11/9/2021. They have my rears there now, but I told them to wait to ship anything until they had all four. This way, if I find them elsewhere for less (I know I won't), I can cancel my order @ Ron Ayers without any cost or restocking fee.
Tried clicking the link and get an error 404 page not found.

E29BEBA6 64F0 4849 AECF 2C4994F8B813

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!