BOX1

P1000 Aftermarket windshield wiper motor???

Chris907

Chris907

May 3, 2017
Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i am looking to see if others have used an aftermarket wiper motor. I have one for my Polaris but can't seem to find anyone with a Honda that uses one. Want to know what type and fit. Would love to find one with more then 110 degree sweep. Thanks

Reactions: CumminsPusher
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks pretty nice, they are only good on true glass... they will scratch poly or lexan windshields.Wiper is rarely needed and most don't have one.....

B

brown61dawg

Jul 11, 2015
Looks pretty nice, they are only good on true glass... they will scratch poly or lexan windshields.Wiper is rarely needed and most don't have one.....
Yeah, I considered that. I have the hardcoated windshield and I really only need it for when I am plowing snow. It would only be used once in a while when the snow sticks to it. I shoulda' made a video of me sticking a long handled squeegee out the door and across the windshield! Anything would be better than that!

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yeah, I considered that. I have the hardcoated windshield and I really only need it for when I am plowing snow. It would only be used once in a while when the snow sticks to it. I shoulda' made a video of me sticking a long handled squeegee out the door and across the windshield! Anything would be better than that!
You may get away with it on snow and winter. I think the dust and dirt that lay on the blade is what scratches it.You could make sure the windshield and blade are clean. Also it wouldn't be to hard to rig a squirtor up or carry a spray bottle with windshield fluid.
Maybe someone with a hard coat shield will chime in

Last edited:
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have searched everywhere also, I know there are wipers made for the bigger Pioneers, but have not been able to find much for the "baby" P=500. I just now located one at Amazon, was wondering what everyone thinks?
https://www.amazon.com/Honda-0SE10-HL3-500-Glass-Windshield-Wiper/dp/B00FQLL7Y6/?tag=sxsweb24-20
I run these IMG 1044 on our glass windshield but they are designed for hard coat, like it's been said though they'll scratch if not careful but will be better in snow. Work incredible even being hand held. Kind of a necessity to at least have something for emergency
IMG 1046
The sprayer like Ohana has would be a helpful thing in muddy conditions lol

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You may get away with it on snow and winter. I think the dust and dirt that lay on the blade is what scratches it.You could make sure the windshield and blade are clean. Also it wouldn't be to hard to rig a squirted up or carry a spray bottle with windshield fluid.
Maybe someone with a hard coat shield will chime in

Sprayer is SUPER EASY and awesome in muddy weather!

You can set up the wiper without the Honda Harness.

6d25eb7ed57414b3782fedc8f9109bba

Switch
V-SERIES SEALED ROCKER SWITCH, BODY ONLY, NO ROCKER

Relay is a standard 5 pin NO/NC relay from any autoparts store

Washer Tank
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FM0AR9Q/?tag=sxsweb24-20

A6fd408ed8cfd5043c9efef7974f354c

Aeee8a62f83c51e0de21eb19bc232396

R

Russ

Apr 28, 2016
mn
I have searched everywhere also, I know there are wipers made for the bigger Pioneers, but have not been able to find much for the "baby" P=500. I just now located one at Amazon, was wondering what everyone thinks?
https://www.amazon.com/Honda-0SE10-HL3-500-Glass-Windshield-Wiper/dp/B00FQLL7Y6/?tag=sxsweb24-20
i am looking to see if others have used an aftermarket wiper motor. I have one for my Polaris but can't seem to find anyone with a Honda that uses one. Want to know what type and fit. Would love to find one with more then 110 degree sweep. Thanks

surplus center in Lincoln NE tons of stuff!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
can anyone confirm weather honda wiper rests high on the windshield out of the view of the driver? Im a tall person and hope it doesn't sag!

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
thats at least good that it sits high. But I dont like how it only works well for driver and not passenger!

Reactions: ohanacreek
C

CamoP500

Aug 8, 2020
Lake Vermilion
Ownership

1. 500
So in searching this thread I'm still not finding where anyone has an electric windshield wiper on a P500. I have the SxS Windshields GLASS windshield on my P500 - great windshield - but have found the occasional need for a wiper and would prefer an automatic one as opposed to the hand operated one. I will also be installing a defroster since we get hard frost and occasional freezing rain/mist in our hunting seasons here in northern MN and I don't like reaching out with a scraper to keep the windshield clean while driving.

Reactions: Lady01
MuddHonda

MuddHonda

Jul 17, 2018
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed a wiper off a Ford Escape rear window, it goes 180 deg, I have to stop it by the switch as I didn't want power to it at all times for the auto reset. I can stop it above the rubber trim on my glass windshield, I used a window washer from a Hyundai Accent under the seat

Jimithing14

Jimithing14

Livin' in the true North strong & free
Oct 25, 2020
Labrador city
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have installed an aftermarket windshield wiper and washer reservoir on my 1000-5 and it's great. The whole set up was about $130 cdn and it works just fine. I bought extra hose at a hardware store and stored the reservoir under the seat and the button next to the seat. Install was easy, I just had to remove one of the screws and drill one other and it tucks away under the roof until needed. I have the Honda hardened windshield and it hasn't been scratched up yet. The only issue I would say was the wiper has a small stroke so it doesn't clear the whole window but it does my side just fine for snow and mud which is fine for me.

Alaska350

Alaska350

Feb 17, 2021
Anchorage, AK
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I installed a wiper off a Ford Escape rear window, it goes 180 deg, I have to stop it by the switch as I didn't want power to it at all times for the auto reset. I can stop it above the rubber trim on my glass windshield, I used a window washer from a Hyundai Accent under the seat
Which year motor did you get?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!