P1000 Air cleaner on pk1000-3

R

Rockydog

Jan 16, 2019
Canada
Today I learned how hard it is to remove any clean air cleaner. Honda and their darn allen wrench screws. Stripped two heads,got the darn thing off only to find it wasn't that dirty. Contacted honda dealership to find that you don't any cleaner and the price of mew one is 52.00$can. What a job to get at and clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudwing and BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hey. Welcome to the club.
Ya, there is a few b**** post about it. Including my own somewhere.

Removing the seat back helps but that's just another step. Still might save you some time.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Today I learned how hard it is to remove any clean air cleaner. Honda and their darn allen wrench screws. Stripped two heads,got the darn thing off only to find it wasn't that dirty. Contacted honda dealership to find that you don't any cleaner and the price of mew one is 52.00$can. What a job to get at and clean.

I just get in the cab with the bed raised bend over the seat remove the Allen's then go to the back and remove air filter, but I'm used to working upside down, I'm a plumber! HA!

D

DDDonkey

I just get in the cab with the bed raised bend over the seat remove the Allen's then go to the back and remove air filter, but I'm used to working upside down, I'm a plumber! HA!
That’s how I do it, and you can find the filters cheaper online.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks guys,but my honda has solid rear window and cab. Just have to do it the harder way. Lol

You have a mechanically inclined 3 year old, that would be the ticket! HA!

Reactions: Mopower58
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks guys,but my honda has solid rear window and cab. Just have to do it the harder way. Lol

You did tilt the bed right? Use a long extension and blow the screws out with an air hose first.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ohanacreek
R

Rockydog

Jan 16, 2019
Canada
Ya did all that,but a 6-pt.bolt head would have been a lot better. Found that it's just as easy to take whole unit off of intake then try and undo the bolts. Still stripped 2 of the hex head ones. Drilled them out then tapped to a larger bolt. Learning is always a good thing.......maybe.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ya did all that,but a 6-pt.bolt head would have been a lot better. Found that it's just as easy to take whole unit off of intake then try and undo the bolts. Still stripped 2 of the hex head ones. Drilled them out then tapped to a larger bolt. Learning is always a good thing.......maybe.

Yea it's a piss poor set up at best. Wish it just had the snaps like the talon does. At least they realized their error.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

R

Rockydog

Jan 16, 2019
Canada
It may not matter how clean the air filter is. If the government here in Alberta screws around we may not have anywhere to ride other than our own land. Their talking of making all the rest of the forestry into provincial park. So that being said everything from Banff to Jasper will be park.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It may not matter how clean the air filter is. If the government here in Alberta screws around we may not have anywhere to ride other than our own land. Their talking of making all the rest of the forestry into provincial park. So that being said everything from Banff to Jasper will be park.

No poop?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!