P1000 Air coming through gear selector

Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For purpose I'm sure that would work. But I feel as though the eye appeal isn't there. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Screenshot 20191014 081343 Chrome Screenshot 20191014 081315 Chrome

Skin0375

Skin0375

Jan 28, 2018
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For purpose I'm sure that would work. But I feel as though the eye appeal isn't there. Lol

For purpose hey worked very well....As far as eye appeal, they look like factory shift boots. But, I guess if you wanna spend 2-3 times the money for the same effect, be my guest 🤷‍♂️

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For purpose hey worked very well....As far as eye appeal, they look like factory shift boots. But, I guess if you wanna spend 2-3 times the money for the same effect, be my guest
They look nice. Do they make a smaller one for the 4wd shifter?

Major0887

Major0887

Dec 2, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Apparently a heat gun is the trick when live in Michigan and don't have heat in garage! 🤣
Warmed them up and they pulled off hard but alot easier.

View attachment 242554
I had my heat gun out and ready, but didn’t need it. I like the red thinking I should’ve got it instead of white

Reactions: ChadD
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Apparently a heat gun is the trick when live in Michigan and don't have heat in garage! 🤣
Warmed them up and they pulled off hard but alot easier.

View attachment 242554

Have to ask, what is behind that 4wd shift lever? Looks like duct tape or something?

Edit: I tracked it down, it's rubber. Sorry man but that rubber looks like absolute dog sh**. It can be cut a lot better than that.

Last edited:
ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have to ask, what is behind that 4wd shift lever? Looks like duct tape or something?

Edit: I tracked it down, it's rubber. Sorry man but that rubber looks like absolute dog sh**. It can be cut a lot better than that.

It's the grease to keep it from tearing the rubber. Didn't wipe it down before took pic

Reactions: TripleB
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry man, I just work with rubber a lot. The covers look BA, the rubber behind them was a fail. Needs to use a thinner rubber, it's blocking air not shrapnel, no lube will be needed. Also needs to punch holes in the positions that the lever rests, won't disfigure the face so bad. Like this but on a bigger scale.

Fist 1

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry man, I just work with rubber a lot. The covers look BA, the rubber behind them was a fail. Needs to use a thinner rubber, it's blocking air not shrapnel, no lube will be needed. Also needs to punch holes in the positions that the lever rests, won't disfigure the face so bad. Like this but on a bigger scale.

View attachment 242583
Pictures don't do it justice It's a heavy duty rubber that isn't going to rip and tear over time through all the seasons. Not my product but it works great.

If the rubber is too tight in there your shifter will actually not engage the gears. It's the second design on the rubber so I'm sure it was tweaked for that reason

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!