P1000 Air filter cover screws strip out.

rlutech

rlutech

Jan 18, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone tried replacing the screws that hold the airbox lid on? The Allen heads seem to shallow to allow a good connection to the Allen wrench. I thought I’d try seeking out a different screw that might have a better head on it. So far I’ve stripped 2 heads and had to drill out the screws.

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those are a terrible design and it's a hard location to access in my opinion.they need a harder compound bolt or something that won't strip. I've replaced them twice.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleB
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well the screws suck and they get full of dirt. Blow them out with an air hose first it will help. Then use a socket and extension, tap it in snug, then take them out. And if you have a local hardware store, replacing them isn't a bad idea.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!