Air Filter Minder

PW2022

PW2022

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
After confirming both airbox seals were properly seated from the factory an air filter minder is now on duty. Figured a cheap form of insurance to protect the engine. After I get it broken in would like to do some hard pulls to see if the minder budges on a clean filter. It shouldn't move if flow is sufficient.

DSCN0337 DSCN0339

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
It won't move with a new filter, a bad experience leads me to suggest you check the tube connections between the air box and the throttle bodies before relying 100% on the filter minder. Hopefully i got the only machine ever built where the tubes were not correctly installed.

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
It won't move with a new filter

I take it you are running a minder too or tested a minder?
I am on my second talon, have used filterminders on both of them. First talon had enough of an air leak at the throttle bodies that the minder didn't latch, lots of dust in the motor. Second talon is going well so far. About 35,000 miles total between the two machines, testing still in process :)

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
If you route the vacuum hose inside the cab, you can relocate and visually check the minder without having to remove the airbox access cover.
I have mine mounted on the air box lid, lessens the plumbing (potential leaks). Once i learned where to look i can see it by looking under the shock reservoir and battery box. Would have been easier 30 years and 30 pounds ago:rolleyes:

F

fartsalot

Jun 11, 2019
Near the Kansas Nascar race track
Ownership

1. Talon X
The minder only detects restriction of air running thru the filter (s). Mine is connected to the air box cover by a rubber grommet that was supplied with the filter a very tight fit. A clean filter even at WOT will not show any restriction on the gauge. You can test the gauge by just sucking on the inlet side of the minder. It takes very little suction to cause the plunger to move in the minder. My Ford 250 diesel has one installed by the factory except it has a electric sensor that shows on my dash, the same deal could be fitted on a sxs easily. Go to the filter minder web site and check out what they have for options.

Reactions: CID
PW2022

PW2022

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R
The minder only detects restriction of air running thru the filter

That's the idea. It's also real quick and easy to release the two 1/4 turn thumb screws. Want to keep things as simple as possible.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!