P1000 Air Intake Cover Upgrade Necessary?

PAoutdoor

PAoutdoor

Jun 7, 2018
Cogan Station
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ran across this video and wondered how many people have done this upgrade and if it is believed to be necessary. It seems easy and cheap, so I have no problem doing it if it is worth it. Thanks for your opinions!

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ran across this video and wondered how many people have done this upgrade and if it is believed to be necessary. It seems easy and cheap, so I have no problem doing it if it is worth it. Thanks for your opinions!

Definitely need it on a '16 model. It was either the '17 or '18 model that Honda corrected this problem from the factory after engine failures were reported. (they won't warranty engine failure even though it's their fault and they know it's a poor design). So...be on the safe side and get 'er done.

PAoutdoor

PAoutdoor

Jun 7, 2018
Cogan Station
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Definitely need it on a '16 model. It was either the '17 or '18 model that Honda corrected this problem from the factory after engine failures were reported. (they won't warranty it even though it's their fault and they know it's a poor design). So...be on the safe side and get 'er done.

Sounds good. I am going to go to my local dealership and pick up the parts to do it.

Leonandlisa

Leonandlisa

Dec 14, 2016
Las Vegas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did you source the parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 17 had the old style. Ordered the parts thru a dealer cheap enough.

T

TCM-551

Jan 23, 2018
Prescott
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

This upgrade / improvement is an absolute must. Takes fifteen minutes $30 in parts to ensure you won’t kill your engine when you are out in the boondocks. We don’t do any muddling but we do Ford some small streams.

PAoutdoor

PAoutdoor

Jun 7, 2018
Cogan Station
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This upgrade / improvement is an absolute must. Takes fifteen minutes $30 in parts to ensure you won’t kill your engine when you are out in the boondocks. We don’t do any muddling but we do Ford some small streams.

I just did it minutes ago. Only about $20 from my dealer and was very easy.

Reactions: Isaiah and Tuco69
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It would also be a good idea to check all the clamps holding the intake tube together going to the air box I have saw where some people have found the clamps loose that could also let water in so make sure all the clamps are tight going from the front air box to the rear air box

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It would also be a good idea to check all the clamps holding the intake tube together going to the air box I have saw where some people have found the clamps loose that could also let water in so make sure all the clamps are tight going from the front air box to the rear air box
This is a GREAT suggestion and one I forgot about. My clamps were loose on mine and went around and tightened them up.

PAoutdoor

PAoutdoor

Jun 7, 2018
Cogan Station
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anyone have the part number for this off hand?

3F000E88 6149 4484 ADF7 AED03A4F74D3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!