BOX1

Akriders Build

AKRider submitted a new Garage Item:

AKRiders Build

First off I have to thank all the people here that inspired me and gave me great advice and idea's. You are truly an inspiration.

This garage will be a work in progress, so bear with me. It will take me just as long to build this post as it is me actually building the machine.

My wife named her T&A. Yes, she did. But it makes sense since I'm Tim and she is Audrey. It's how we mark all of our gear when we camp with big groups of people, so it just made sense. It also gets smiles from many people.

Let me say, both of us LOVE this machine. This is my/our first SxS. I've done a lot of serious riding on my Rancher and Rincon. I sold the Rincon to afford the new trailer I needed to haul this machine. No love lost. I have many more memories on the Rancher, and it is my snow plow machine. Every time we go out Audrey comments on her appreciation of how capable this machine is. Me? I never doubt it I knew we needed a SxS because Audrey truly can't handle a machine that has the power to go into the places I like and need to go.We picked her up on April 9th and immediately installed the winch, windshield, roof and side mirrors. Here's a pic before any mods, sitting in the garage. (Yes, I need a bigger garage... lol).

View attachment 18808

The next item we added was the skid plates. Here's the foreman checking out the undercarriage before installation. She truly helps with everything. I got me a keeper!

View attachment 18809

I had talked about snorkeling her, and after @CumminsPusher disaster, I went for it. We completely snorkeled it and my wife built the front windshield cover. I completely tested the air intake on the snorkel by covering the intake. No leaks, and it choked out within 5 seconds. Air tight.
View attachment 18810

View attachment 18811

We use bungee cords to hold the cover in place.
View attachment 18812

Snorkel lines going to the roof.
View attachment 18814

We tee'd the front diff with the radiator vent, as well as the rear diff and the drive mode box. The sub trans and fuel tank have their own lines. All of the go to the roof. I plan on adding some small filters to the ends of them to keep the dust out.

A pic of the tee for the front diff and radiator fan.
View attachment 18818
I plan on continuing to add things to every part of my garage, so stay tuned. Thanks for looking!

Read more about this showcase item here...

Reactions: Delton and joeymt33
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
dang, got the WE shocks already! I'm jealous! Looking good...

Reactions: AKRider
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
did you happen to measure to see how much lift you got in front from the WE shock upgrade?

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
did you happen to measure to see how much lift you got in front from the WE shock upgrade?

No I didn't. I was too dang excited to get them on. As it sat the front looked a little higher, but after a decent ride I think the rear levelers evened everything out.

dang, got the WE shocks already! I'm jealous! Looking good...

Thanks! My right front shock was leaking (not sure how that happened) so I decided to pull the trigger on them. Worth every penny! I guess I could have had it replaced under warranty but I had things to do and didn't want it in the shop. It rides and handles 100% better.

Oops... edit. Make that left front shock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I didn't. I was too dang excited to get them on. As it sat the front looked a little higher, but after a decent ride I think the rear levelers evened everything out.

Thanks! My right front shock was leaking (not sure how that happened) so I decided to pull the trigger on them. Worth every penny! I guess I could have had it replaced under warranty but I had things to do and didn't want it in the shop. It rides and handles 100% better.
I'm gonna get me a set... did you call them, or just order on the website? are you considering doing the rear too?
Thanks for all the info!

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm gonna get me a set... did you call them, or just order on the website? are you considering doing the rear too?
Thanks for all the info!

I called them. You can't order from the website. I talked with Chris Avants. Here's the number 951-784-7223. They ship FedEx 2nd day. So far I'm pretty happy with the levelers, but I might do them next year. They definitely smooth out the ride and increase performance.

Reactions: PioneerPete
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!