P1000m5 All 4 corners

T

TwistedGrip

Dec 19, 2020
Dover Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all. I'm looking to run the same size tire and wheel on all 4 corners on my rig (1000/5). I'm presently running 15" Talon take offs with 28's front and rear. I'm good with the 28" tire size but want to run a 28x10x15 all the way around with a spare. I'm looking for two more 15" Talon fronts to go on the rear and calling it good. I still have the 14" takeoffs from when I bought the rig so I can run a 28x10x14 for a spare unless I could find 3 Talon fronts and sell my 14 oem wheels. I'm asking for input...

W

wshelton96

Jan 28, 2021
Summersville, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey all. I'm looking to run the same size tire and wheel on all 4 corners on my rig (1000/5). I'm presently running 15" Talon take offs with 28's front and rear. I'm good with the 28" tire size but want to run a 28x10x15 all the way around with a spare. I'm looking for two more 15" Talon fronts to go on the rear and calling it good. I still have the 14" takeoffs from when I bought the rig so I can run a 28x10x14 for a spare unless I could find 3 Talon fronts and sell my 14 oem wheels. I'm asking for input...
if you decide to sell the factory front 14'' wheels let me know.

E

EFold

Sep 5, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any idea what wheel spacer you will have to run in the rear to line up the rears with the fronts? Is it a 2 in the rear?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Any idea what wheel spacer you will have to run in the rear to line up the rears with the fronts? Is it a 2 in the rear?
1” in the front and 1-1/2” in the rear 2” is too wide u will need fronts either way, and without fronts you will b to narrow if running the same wheel cuz theres no such thing as a 1/2” spacer lol

E

EFold

Sep 5, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ended up not needing any spacers at all. The factory fronts run perfectly on the rear axle and are lined up as is. I am very impressed with how it handles with the 10" tires in the rear. Running 27x10x14 Motovators all around and it runs great on the trail, mud and road. Will see how it goes in the snow this winter.

Seth14

Seth14

Oct 30, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ended up not needing any spacers at all. The factory fronts run perfectly on the rear axle and are lined up as is. I am very impressed with how it handles with the 10" tires in the rear. Running 27x10x14 Motovators all around and it runs great on the trail, mud and road. Will see how it goes in the snow this winter.
Good to hear! Because I would like to do the same thing!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thats all good, only thing is if your running same size all the way around especially the stock fronts, I would still suggest spacers for stability plus make the machine look alot better ;)

BTW, Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
cant leave us hanging after you did a mod!

B

bridgermgmt

Jul 18, 2021
Tahoe
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thats all good, only thing is if your running same size all the way around especially the stock fronts, I would still suggest spacers for stability plus make the machine look alot better ;)

The desert guys out here run all 4 with the same size in a 10, 30 or 32. But for slow crawling or snow, use the 9's on a 14. I wonder if you would then be able to get away with just a rear spacer or no spacer at all? The point for them with the 9's is tread patch deformation and maintaining forward traction vs side to side pulling of the wider tire. Although I doubt a 9 vs 10 makes any huge difference really. That said, they are at 30+.

Expo portal did a great article years back comparing the floaters (wide) vs the cutters (skinny tall) and did Moab and the rubicon in winter and summer. Results were pretty astonishing. Especially since the less aggressive all terrain patterns smoked the mud tires in almost every category except, well deep mud lol.

E

EFold

Sep 5, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Finally got around to taking some pictures of the new treads. They have been great. The rears track exactly the same as the fronts, no spacer needed at all. Ended up finding an OEM set of front wheels on eBay brand new in the box at half price. So far very pleased and would recommend this wheel and tire set up again. I think if I added spacers I would then have to add fender flares otherwise it would be flinging mud all over the place all the time.

1213211235 1213211234 HDR 12132112342 1213211234b HDR2

Last edited:
B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got around to taking some pictures of the new treads. They have been great. The rears track exactly the same as the fronts, no spacer needed at all. Ended up finding an OEM set of front wheels on eBay brand new in the box at half price. So far very pleased and would recommend this wheel and tire set up again. I think if I added spacers I would then have to add fender flares otherwise it would be flinging mud all over the place all the time.

View attachment 308707 View attachment 308708 View attachment 308711 View attachment 308712
arer these wheels all the same size. or just the tires on factory rims?

E

EFold

Sep 5, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These tires also held up pretty well in snow and some nasty mud. I was able to hold my own with 3 other Polaris Rangers on some trail rides this weekend. We had 7 inches of snow (which is a lot for TN) and they did great. That being said, I wouldn't run these types of tires without a winch. No need for spacers if using standard 10 inch wide or less tire all around. Not sure if you use any bigger.

Reactions: Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!