Aluminum Roof for X4?

L

lifeisgoodsteve

Feb 13, 2021
Bitterroot Valley, MT
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi All,

Has anyone bought or fabricated an aluminum roof for the X4?

I hadn't really seen why one would pay for one as I didn't understand the benefits over stock, however in my case I'm very interested in doing a sound deadening headliner and it would make it waayyy easier to install on a flat surface.

Secondly, it seems the stock roof sits up pretty high off the cage, but would need to check if there's a design reason for that.

Cheers,

S

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
I hate how high the stock roof looks as well, anyone ever modified that?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I hate how high the stock roof looks as well, anyone ever modified that?
Some people have cut off the nub in the back and sucked it down the couple of inches the nub holds it up....it does look better imo. Is that what you are asking?

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Some people have cut off the nub in the back and sucked it down the couple of inches the nub holds it up....it does look better imo. Is that what you are asking?

Yes it is. I think i'll be doing that lol. Any downsides?

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Yes it is. I think i'll be doing that lol. Any downsides?
I have not personally done it to mine. I wouldn't think there is any downside really to it. I'm sure honda had some type of airflow design behind it. I think @Plumber32 did it to his X4.

Reactions: Plumber32
M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have not personally done it to mine. I wouldn't think there is any downside really to it. I'm sure honda had some type of airflow design behind it. I think @Plumber32 did it to his X4.

I just did it to mine, but not by choice, When I was looking at the machine I figured out why the roof was rattling... The mount was sheared out of the roof.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I just did it to mine, but not by choice, When I was looking at the machine I figured out why the roof was rattling... The mount was sheared out of the roof.
That sucks!! If you don't mind let me know your thoughts on it after you got a ride or so in. Thanks!

M

McCarthy

Aug 13, 2020
Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
That sucks!! If you don't mind let me know your thoughts on it after you got a ride or so in. Thanks!

For sure. Just adding to the list of issues with the talon. Oh well lol. It may be a bit before I can ride, i'm up in the mountains and we're literally surrounded on 4 sides by out of control wildfires.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!