Aluminum trailer options

C

cnapierala

Nov 29, 2022
NE & CO
Ownership

1. 520
What are you guys using (size, model etc.) and how are they working out? It seems like the Aluma trailers are fairly available and I'm looking into those currently but haven't decided on a model or size yet. They have a 63.5x10' model that is widely available but I'm wondering if the Pioneer 1000 will fit on there with the width so tight. Tailgate size is 60.5x44 which also may be tight. Anyone using one of these?

Last edited:
GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've got a 6'5" x 12' Aluma (#7712 H... I think) one that I've had for about 9 years. Mainly use it for my mower but handles the Pioneer with ease. Has a 2990lb capacity.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Providing you have a place to park it, buy all the trailer you can afford. A trailer that's barely big enough will come back to haunt you.

My Talon on a 14' trailer. If I had bought as small as possible, the trailer wouldn't work as soon as I added the bed extender/spare carrier - which didn't exist when I bought the trailer.

Loaded for a trip -

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I use a 6x12' for my Talon X or Mule. Small enough to easily maneuver and very lightweight. I have several larger trailers but they really are not needed for the light weight of the SxS. With the ATV, I can even tow the 6x12 with my two-door Jeep easily.

C

cnapierala

Nov 29, 2022
NE & CO
Ownership

1. 520
I use a 6x12' for my Talon X or Mule. Small enough to easily maneuver and very lightweight. I have several larger trailers but they really are not needed for the light weight of the SxS. With the ATV, I can even tow the 6x12 with my two-door Jeep easily.
Thanks I'm towing with a 2 door Jeep as well. Good to know!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks I'm towing with a 2 door Jeep as well. Good to know!
What is your payload for that short box on wheels? I say that cuz u have a very short wheelbase and short driveshaft. Im assuming u have one of the many v6’s they offered. Some good for power and some not so gooder. We had a 13’ unlimited with a 3.6 and it barked bad and squatted when I pulled my P1 ONLY one time, It was close to max on that towing. My tandem is not Al-U-minium but is an ultra light and and only 200lbs (aint nothin) more than my buddies Al-U-minium same size trailer. Never did it again, just stuck with my truck. So just check that out real good with the P1 (assuming that's what u have cuz u didn't say?) weight and cargo before u spend your hard earned cabbage.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is your payload for that short box on wheels? I say that cuz u have a very short wheelbase and short driveshaft. Im assuming u have one of the many v6’s they offered. Some good for power and some not so gooder. We had a 13’ unlimited with a 3.6 and it barked bad and squatted when I pulled my P1 ONLY one time, It was close to max on that towing. My tandem is not Al-U-minium but is an ultra light and and only 200lbs (aint nothin) more than my buddies Al-U-minium same size trailer. Never did it again, just stuck with my truck. So just check that out real good with the P1 (assuming that's what u have cuz u didn't say?) weight and cargo before u spend your hard earned cabbage.
Airbags would of made a big difference in that situation.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Airbags would of made a big difference in that situation.
Sure would have. I have them on my heavy truck, but wouldnt spend the money for them if there even made for a jeep

C

cnapierala

Nov 29, 2022
NE & CO
Ownership

1. 520
Payload is around 1300 lbs, towing capacity is rated for 2000lbs because of the short wheelbase. It wont be a walk in the park for me to tow this thing but I don't plan on lots of trips. I will just need to be able to take it from wherever i buy it to our place and then to the dealer or local trails and back.

I have boiled it down to the Aluma 7210H or the 6810BH. Either one should get the job done for what i need.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buggyman
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Payload is around 1300 lbs, towing capacity is rated for 2000lbs because of the short wheelbase. It wont be a walk in the park for me to tow this thing but I don't plan on lots of trips. I will just need to be able to take it from wherever i buy it to our place and then to the dealer or local trails and back.

I have boiled it down to the Aluma 7210H or the 6810BH. Either one should get the job done for what i need.
What Rig arenu towing? Still didnt say.

Reactions: Buggyman
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I have several Aluminum trailers and a dove tail gooseneck that I use for business and recreational purposes. I purchased a Aluma 18' which is a nice trailer for recreational purposes but it's very light and sees little use due to length and build quality. I purchased a Eby 24' 6" Aluminum deck over trailer which sees most use. I can easily haul 2 machines safely and it tracks very well and won't pass you under braking if I forget to turn down my brake bias. Lastly I have a 30' powered dovetail gooseneck I've used for hauling 3 machines and heavier loads. My Aluma trailer will not haul 2 machines which sucks. It's also extremely light and I've had to have a lot of gusseting repairs done over the past 3 years.

IMG 0646 IMG 1144 IMG 1146 IMG 1426 IMG 1130 IMG 0746 IMG 0589

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm planning on buying a Pioneer 1000.
Ahhhh you dont have one yet!
well post some pics when you get it asap! Its rule #4 you know!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)

FYI since you dont officially own one yet, the curb weight of the P1 alone is 1,720 lbs. before accessories, cargo and better tires and wheels. so im sure your trailer to haul it will not be 280 lbs to total your 2k towing capacity. You will need to know the trailer weight as well. Just food for thought.

Reactions: Buggyman and CID
C

cnapierala

Nov 29, 2022
NE & CO
Ownership

1. 520
Ahhhh you dont have one yet!
well post some pics when you get it asap! Its rule #4 you know!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! ;)

FYI since you dont officially own one yet, the curb weight of the P1 alone is 1,720 lbs. before accessories, cargo and better tires and wheels. so im sure your trailer to haul it will not be 280 lbs to total your 2k towing capacity. You will need to know the trailer weight as well. Just food for thought.
Yes, you are correct. I'm having a hard time finding a side by side/ trailer setup that meets my needs and is towable and affordable. I'm not really planning to be towing it around much after i get it to my place, it will primarily be used to plow and do chores. The trailer will be to get it home and take it to the dealer if it needs service.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!