P1000m3 Am I being too picky?

RedFred1

RedFred1

Aug 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am starting my interior lighting project and adding some door activated switches. I pulled the seat up to look at the space to add my wiring and relays. First time since I had the underseat heat mod done at the dealer. I pulled the plastic pins and peeled back the rubber sheet to find the dealer drilled holes... tons of metal chips and rust was forming in the holes. Not to thrilled. I sanded it down and painted the holes with black enamel rustoleum. I am sad that the dealer didn’t take time to ensure their work did not cause me any issues. I would have touched that up if I worked there, guess that is just me.
Looks good now and should last a long time.

FredD
F8165A19 4C90 495A 9062 8658E4B749E8

Reactions: TimG
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I am starting my interior lighting project and adding some door activated switches. I pulled the seat up to look at the space to add my wiring and relays. First time since I had the underseat heat mod done at the dealer. I pulled the plastic pins and peeled back the rubber sheet to find the dealer drilled holes... tons of metal chips and rust was forming in the holes. Not to thrilled. I sanded it down and painted the holes with black enamel rustoleum. I am sad that the dealer didn’t take time to ensure their work did not cause me any issues. I would have touched that up if I worked there, guess that is just me.

FredDView attachment 107056
Maybe they drilled the holes to keep the weight down put they didn't charge you extra, feel happy.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

FredDView attachment 107056
Hmmmm......think I’ll pull my seat and have a look. Hopefully the boys at my dealership were more particular...:rolleyes:

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Not too picky IMO. rusted shavings could have been avoided with a blast of air gun. Constructive feedback. Gave some feedback to EMP with photos on bumper fitment issues, they seemed appreciative. Bolts too long and had to heat gun the plastic hood tub. Might help the next guy.

49A93807 00C3 41F2 87C7 C68BB6B0ACEF 7AA01227 2DC1 4A1F AE4E B98902EE3415

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!