CANCELED - The 2020 PIONEER TAKEOVER - A Honda SxS Club, Group Ride! April 24th & 25th, 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
There are only 4 self tappers with the factory utv kit.
You are correct, unfortunately they don't have a full kit for the X(no trailing arm guards) & their kit is the same price +/- as Ricochets that has no self-tappers.

Reactions: TimG and Dp5hunter
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I keep hoping to make one of these Takeovers each year, but seems they always fall in the MO. turkey season. That is the problem with only being able to be at one place at the time ....... lol.

You can get a Turkey at Walmart for less than $20, bring your butt to East Tennessee and have some fun. All the turkeys wont die in a 4 day trip.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can get a Turkey at Walmart for less than $20, bring your butt to East Tennessee and have some fun. All the turkeys wont die in a 4 day trip.
LOL ..... if it only involved me, I would forgo a few days of the 3 week turkey season and make it a 2 week season. The problems is I have different ones in the family (son, wife, brothers) that come at various times to the camp to hunt, so I kinda need to be there the whole time. I sure do enjoy riding in the mountains in TN.

J

JTW

LOL ..... if it only involved me, I would forgo a few days of the 3 week turkey season and make it a 2 week season. The problems is I have different ones in the family (son, wife, brothers) that come at various times to the camp to hunt, so I kinda need to be there the whole time. I sure do enjoy riding in the mountains in TN.
I bet they would enjoy riding TN too!

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You’ve got tires..
Tie rods... skid plate and look for a superwinch Terra 45 to go on sale.
That will get you pretty well taken care of.. I’ve got an EMP winch mounting plate.. I’ll trade ya for a windshield handle.
Otherwise, I think you’re in pretty good shape... might wanna add some extra light if you want to night ride.

I actually have a Terra 35 in my machine right now. I know its a small for the machine, had it in a RZR 800 prior. Would not pull me out of this. Pulled a few trees out, but not the machine.

Would have a 45 done the job ? I have very little winching experience.
IMG 3214

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
I actually have a Terra 35 in my machine right now. I know its a small for the machine, had it in a RZR 800 prior. Would not pull me out of this. Pulled a few trees out, but not the machine.

Would have a 45 done the job ? I have very little winching experience.View attachment 167773

If you pulled trees out then your wench wasn’t the issue , was the what you had tied too. If the wench didn’t stall then it was still pulling. I have a 3500 wench on my 700 hooked to my secondary battery and it has pulled me over , up ,and out of everything I have asked for it, wench power depends a bunch to how it is powered .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4

Would have a 45 done the job ? I have very little winching experience.View attachment 167773
not the winch although if it was stickier mud id say youd need a bigger one. if your gonna go out by yourself need to make sure your close to good size trees. or invest in a sand anchor

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you pulled trees out then your wench wasn’t the issue , was the what you had tied too. If the wench didn’t stall then it was still pulling. I have a 3500 wench on my 700 hooked to my secondary battery and it has pulled me over , up ,and out of everything I have asked for it, wench power depends a bunch to how it is powered .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eventually found a big enough tree and stalled the winch, did not have a secondary battery at the time, just a single. Now I have 2 .

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Eventually found a big enough tree and stalled the winch, did not have a secondary battery at the time, just a single. Now I have 2 .
Best thing to do is keep a small recovery gear bag with you. At the least:

* Winch extension line - It never fails that you need 51' when you have a 50' rope/cable. An old synth line works great for this.
* D-Rings/Shackles
* Tow Strap (I like a 25', but they make larger/smaller)
* Snatch block/ring

You can put together the above for probably $50 at Harbor Freight. It won't be the best gear, but it will damn sure be better than no gear.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are there any height limits on these trails? I have a roof rack and spare on roof . Not a big deal to take off but won’t if don’t have to .

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Yes. A 4500 pulled me through 50' of this.
Screenshot 20190324 144247 Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!