CANCELED - The 2020 PIONEER TAKEOVER - A Honda SxS Club, Group Ride! April 24th & 25th, 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, I blew it...Cabins i had picked are gone....Camping in my Enclosed trailer , or HOTEL, your thoughts? What kind of bed do you guys use in the enclosed trailers/how are the showers there/etc.
I camp in my enclosed. Wife and kids do too. Works great. Bring an electric space heater, a light and cot. More room than the small cabins. Bathrooms are real nice and secure. Got the whole room to yourself. Toilet, shower and sink.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Really looking forward to meeting you guys. Will be looking for advice on what I need to do to get my machine ready, without spending a fortune.
Skidplates. ~$700 from Trail Armour.
Everything else is a nice to have. There will be enough of us floating around that will help or lend parts if needed.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe I should start with this.

What percentage of the riding areas would be off limits with a stock machine ? I'm running 28" BFG KM3s, thats the only thing not stock as far as drive train .

It sounds like the skid plate is a must. What else ?

I really don't want to lift my machine or buy new tires, would I be able to get to the crazy stuff and watch from the edges with a stock machine ? Are there 2 paths to take, safe and travel at own risk.

I'm a virgin to this type of riding.

If I'm a good boy do I still need to bring any spare parts ?

J

JTW

What percentage of the riding areas would be off limits with a stock machine ? I'm running 28" BFG KM3s, thats the only thing not stock as far as drive train .

I really don't want to lift my machine or buy new tires, would I be able to get to the crazy stuff and watch from the edges with a stock machine ? Are there 2 paths to take, safe and travel at own risk.

You’ve got tires..
Tie rods... skid plate and look for a superwinch Terra 45 to go on sale.
That will get you pretty well taken care of.. I’ve got an EMP winch mounting plate.. I’ll trade ya for a windshield handle.
Otherwise, I think you’re in pretty good shape... might wanna add some extra light if you want to night ride.

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You’ve got tires..
Tie rods... skid plate and look for a superwinch Terra 45 to go on sale.
That will get you pretty well taken care of.. I’ve got an EMP winch mounting plate.. I’ll trade ya for a windshield handle.
Otherwise, I think you’re in pretty good shape... might wanna add some extra light if you want to night ride.

Got extra lights and winch.

What tie rods should I get ?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

I went pretty much every where at RRB with my stock machine (well, stock plus a winch) at Takeover 2019. Some of the trails required choosing different lines and going a lot slower than the guys bouncing through with upgraded tires/skids. I was more worried about destroying the 4-ply stock tires than anything else, but they held up and you've already got that covered. If you do nothing else, pickup a skidplate if you want to ride some of the more "fun" trails and have some peace of mind. It really boils down to how/what you like to ride. Regardless of what you do, once you get there and see some of the other members machines, you'll be back into your checkbook :D

Takeover May 2019 with just over 100 miles on the odo
PAfvElgnuOnk0aq6EbDq3tmRPgrOJM63s6gcw66pR0fM1y1KE4382pcRKvXQTx5gvw2h7MVXILBpRsrzAmw1250 h937 no

RRB trip September 2019
GwWprTkbrVQRxDnDvLHNJkYJ z6 Bz2i0f1Tkpkue dnFqYQi0P1WEvTovE4YLN nuhmXgAP8WrKZCXOe2w1250 h937 no

clifforeilly

clifforeilly

WFOSXS.com
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Oct 22, 2018
Goodhue MN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went pretty much every where at RRB with my stock machine (well, stock plus a winch) at Takeover 2019. Some of the trails required choosing different lines and going a lot slower than the guys bouncing through with upgraded tires/skids. I was more worried about destroying the 4-ply stock tires than anything else, but they held up and you've already got that covered. If you do nothing else, pickup a skidplate if you want to ride some of the more "fun" trails and have some peace of mind. It really boils down to how/what you like to ride. Regardless of what you do, once you get there and see some of the other members machines, you'll be back into your checkbook :D

Takeover May 2019 with just over 100 miles on the odo
View attachment 166902

RRB trip September 2019
View attachment 166903

Thanks,

That's what I was hoping to hear. Skid plate and tie rods this go round.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thanks,

That's what I was hoping to hear. Skid plate and tie rods this go round.
This is my plan for the T1Kx as well. It's still bone stock. Going w Ricochet skids most likely, a winch & some lights. I have stock tires but I'm bringing spares plus a few parts.

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only two RV sites left at RRB

Reactions: Dp5hunter
MuDSlinger

MuDSlinger

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2019
Richland, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I camp in my enclosed. Wife and kids do too. Works great. Bring an electric space heater, a light and cot. More room than the small cabins. Bathrooms are real nice and secure. Got the whole room to yourself. Toilet, shower and sink.
Thanks Plumber, any any thoughts on lot number to ask for? It will be me and wife....I would like to be in the neighborhood of you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!