Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
FYI for those Polaris Razors. ESPECIALLY bad as these are targeted to KIDS! As a kid, I would take to to woods myself with my Honda SL70, never a problem.

Polaris is recalling more than 16,000 recreational off-highway vehicles due to a fuel leak and fire hazards.
The recall involves all model years 2015 through 2017 youth RZR 170 ROV models. They have two seats and were sold in red, blue and white. Polaris has received more than 100 reports of cracked fuel tank necks and 28 reports of burning, smoking, and melted or shorted wires, including four reports of fires; no injuries have been reported. Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled ROV's and contact Polaris to schedule a free repair.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There's many people worried about job stability.

One job that has proven itself above most to always be in demand is a Polaris Mechanic.

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's many people worried there job stability.

One job that has proven itself above most to always be in demand is a Polaris Mechanic.

FireFighter and Insurance agent are probably seeing a slight uptick due to Polaris as well.

I think this gets every model of Polaris sxs under a fire hazard recall, someone feel free to fact check.

They should be sold with nomex suits and automatic extinguishers.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
FireFighter and Insurance agent are probably seeing a slight uptick due to Polaris as well.

I think this gets every model of Polaris sxs under a fire hazard recall, someone feel free to fact check.

They should be sold with nomex suits and automatic extinguishers.
I keep thinking every model has been recalled but then the next month yet another recall must have a LOT of models! This one sucks because it's a youth model, that shouldn't happen

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I keep thinking every model has been recalled but then the next month yet another recall must have a LOT of models! This one sucks because it's a youth model, that shouldn't happen

Maybe additional years added to recall.

Yeah, takes a real scum-sucking bottom feeder to find profit margin by shortcuts around kids safety.

A few extra inches of wire to route it a different way or a better wire loom. Higher quality wire. Larger gauge.

Electrical shortcomings with a harness are easy to fix with proper design, but copper is expensive and no one wants to pay for it out of profit margins.

B

bucky

Jun 6, 2017
pa
Ownership

1. 500
I thought the Ace looks like a lot of fun & was thinking of getting one. But I have the same concerns so I keep talking my self out of it which keeps the wife happy.

W

WillB

May 29, 2017
Churchill,Ontario
I bet these recalls are why their MY 18 model intro was pathetic. Too much money lost between warranty claims and recalls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: moparornocar
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recall listing. WOW!

Search

Polaris fans say "Honda Fan boy" when someone makes light of the fire issue with Polaris but, 10+ pages of numerous recalls associated with fire says different.

Reading through I need to forward this to my neighbor he has two Rangers.

Arizona

Arizona

Sep 1, 2016
Casa Grande & Show Low Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I thought the Ace looks like a lot of fun & was thinking of getting one. But I have the same concerns so I keep talking my self out of it which keeps the wife happy.
Yes, I always liked the idea of the Ace, a single seat buggy, but I've never owned a Polaris. The ACE 150 that I mentioned is a 'youth' model of 150cc. But it's pretty big, I sat in one and fit well, I weigh 152 lbs. I'm age 62, but the 10 year old child in me wants one. Years ago I took a chance and bought a Chinese made 175cc single seat buggy, was lots of fun for a while until things kept breaking, finally gave up on it. The ACE 150 is near the same size just a little smaller, would have lots of fun, goes up to 29mph. I figure this Polaris 150 buggy is quite a bit better quality than that Chinese buggy was, so it should run well and last a long time...

Last edited:
AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
More details about the new 2018 Polaris Recall. Terms and Conditions... Customer must agree to purchase their new Recall, leave it at the dealership for at least 1 year, in that time period most or all recalls will have been performed, then the customer can take delivery of their fairly new machine. In addition, all Polaris dealers agree to wave their monthly storage fees for that 1st year. Special financing offer... Free financing for the 1st year at 0% interest.
Careful, if Polaris reads this they just might implement your "Terms and Conditions". Lol!

Reactions: Arizona
H

HondaTech

Hondas recall could arguably be prevented with proper owner maintenance. No way to prevent your gas tank from splitting or wires from fraying. Ive been arouns alot of the Rangers, everyone you look at has a melted injector harness on top of the engine, add that to (from what ive found) to be an alarmingly high amount of bad spark plug boots junping fire and no wonder rhey catch fire. Like they always say, you buy junk you get junk.

L

liftedpsd2010

Dec 25, 2016
Lake Wales
Hondas recall could arguably be prevented with proper owner maintenance. No way to prevent your gas tank from splitting or wires from fraying. Ive been arouns alot of the Rangers, everyone you look at has a melted injector harness on top of the engine, add that to (from what ive found) to be an alarmingly high amount of bad spark plug boots junping fire and no wonder rhey catch fire. Like they always say, you buy junk you get junk.
Lol I can't help but laugh at you guys always posting polaris stuff. Why don't you guys head on over to the rzr forums or prc forum. Polaris so called fan boys don't talk about Hondas. All you guys do is bash polaris in every thread. When you sell 20 fold you're obviously going to have more issues. You guys need to figure out your clutch issues and quit worrying about polaris issues. I'll buy a honda when I can carry a spare 100 dollar clutch for it and change it in under 30 minutes. Now go ahead and make fun of our rubber bands. They hold up pretty damn good to well over 140hp and yalls clutches can't handle 72 hp with 26s lmfao

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
Acc1005720f9a7550dd8076e1193f107

Last edited:
Reactions: BULLDOG6
H

HondaTech

Lol I can't help but laugh at you guys always posting polaris stuff. Why don't you guys head on over to the rzr forums or prc forum. Polaris so called fan boys don't talk about Hondas. All you guys do is bash polaris in every thread. When you sell 20 fold you're obviously going to have more issues. You guys need to figure out your clutch issues and quit worrying about polaris issues. I'll buy a honda when I can carry a spare 100 dollar clutch for it and change it in under 30 minutes. Now go ahead and make fun of our rubber bands. They hold up pretty damn good to well over 140hp and yalls clutches can't handle 72 hp with 26s lmfao

View attachment 50768
Im just posting what ive seen, the last 800 4 seat ranger i took in trade was this way and later ate its engine after only 800 miles. Calling our local Polaris dealr he said they all do it, they keep that engine i stock because of it. Ive never seen wires melted on a Honda and supposedly have heat problems. Ive got several P1Ks out there with well iver 5000 miles and no clutches yet. Its all in how you drive it, just like the belt machines. If you use high in the wrong spot itll burn the belt. I have no problems with rubber bands as you call them. I just wont own a Polaris, there cobbled together junk that cant keep wheel bearings and bushings. Ive worked in this industry for close to 10 years all for Honda so i am biased. But id pick anything over them except maybe an arctic cat. So why do you a Polaris owner post here on a Honda forum? To bash us about our clutches, or heat, or whatever other thing that other utvs have similar problems with. The kawasaki Teryx for on cant be ridden in especially the older 2 seat only models. Ive personally ridden in one in below 20 weather with only a windshield, there that hot. Meanwhile i rode a P1k the other day foe over 8 hours and it was warm, no lie, but not like that damm teryx.

Last edited:
L

liftedpsd2010

Dec 25, 2016
Lake Wales
Im just posting what ive seen, the last 800 4 seat ranger i took in trade was this way and later ate its engine after only 800 miles. Calling our local Polaris dealr he said they all do it, they keep that engine i stock because of it. Ive never seen wires melted on a Honda and supposedly have heat problems. Ive got several P1Ks out there with well iver 5000 miles and no clutches yet. Its all in how you drive it, just like the belt machines. If you use high in the wrong spot itll burn the belt. I have no problems with rubber bands as you call them. I just wont own a Polaris, there cobbled together junk that cant keep wheel bearings and bushings. Ive worked in this industry for close to 10 years all for Honda so i am biased. But id pick anythinf over them except maybe an arctic cat.
They keep an engine in stock that hasn't been put in any of their sxs or atvs in years? Bud compare apples to apples. 900 ranger, 570 ranger and 1000 ranger vs 700 pioneer and 1000 pioneer. I only have about 500 miles I think but I'm on stock wheel bearings. My sportsman 850 had 1500 miles and stock bearings. The 700 is very loud in cab compared to a 900 ranger. The 700 gets VERY hot in the cab. Just face it the only 2 players in this game are can am and polaris. Honda isn't a drop in the bucket compared to polaris. Can am is top dog but you pay for it.

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Just face it the only 2 players in this game are can am and polaris. Honda isn't a drop in the bucket compared to polaris. Can am is top dog but you pay for it.

I think the Pioneer 500 has made a dent in the Polaris 50" sales. ;)
No Can Ams for me. The few I've been around and had to work on didn't impress me, nor have the Sea-Doo's. Their electrical systems suck.
They may build very good engines, but there's alot more to a good machine than just the engine.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!