HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
The one I'm fighting has 7 pins. Currently 7 is ground, 4 is key on power source, 5 & 2 are jumped together to the lower power nut on the stinger, 6 goes to battery.
Just noticed that. We fought mine for a while before we found out the digram printed on the card was wrong.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok. lets trouble shoot it.
Unplug 6 and see what happens. The TOP light should go out.
If it does not... Unplug 4.
Is the light out now?

Next.
Rehook all.
Move 6 to 3 and see what the light does.

J

jemartz1990

Jun 11, 2020
Landisburg, Pa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok. lets trouble shoot it.
Unplug 6 and see what happens. The TOP light should go out.
If it does not... Unplug 4.
Is the light out now?

Next.
Rehook all.
Move 6 to 3 and see what the light does.
I have a lot going on the next three days. Sunday I'm doing the initial service and rerouting some wires. I'll post then after I try your suggestions. I gotta say I really appreciate the community in this forum and the help.

Reactions: TripleB and Mudwing
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I did use the relay. I got confused because i followed the directions to the letter and it stays on all the time. The only thing it could be I think is the "spare" keyed ignition ground I just grounded it in general. I didn't really understand keyed ignition ground. I thought a ground is a ground

I used the red wire on the relay to an add a circuit fuse tap to the 15amp acc fuse in the factory fuse box, ran the ground wire, and attached the spare keyed ignition ground to that same ground, and ran the other green wire to the voltmeter. Then, I ran the blue and green wires to each side of the true isolator.
I didn't read the whole thread carefully so I may have missed the point but in the case of the dual VMs staying on - in this case 'a ground isn't just a ground'. Since the VMs are both connected directly to the HOT terminals of both batteries, we're switching the ground side of the VMs to turn them OFF. In other words, we have to be able to switch the ground side off and that's what the relay is used for - key off, relay off, ground off, VMs off.

Reactions: TripleB
J

jemartz1990

Jun 11, 2020
Landisburg, Pa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn't read the whole thread carefully so I may have missed the point but in the case of the dual VMs staying on - in this case 'a ground isn't just a ground'. Since the VMs are both connected directly to the HOT terminals of both batteries, we're switching the ground side of the VMs to turn them OFF. In other words, we have to be able to switch the ground side off and that's what the relay is used for - key off, relay off, ground off, VMs off.
I did get the vm situation squared away. I undid the "spare" ground that I tied into the ground and boom works just fine. Thanks for checking back.

Reactions: TripleB and CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!