P1000 Any differences on 1000-5 LE models year by year?

F

filas4life

Aug 3, 2020
USA
Hi Guys!! Wanting to buy a new 1000-5 LE with Fox Shocks. There are some deals on left over new models back to 2018. Are there any updates or differnces on any model years? Thanks a bunch!!

Reactions: TripleB and Isaiah
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There were several recalls, accelerator pedal sticking, check throttle body bolts and intake tube tightness, rear heat shield,not a recall but clutch cover and possibly clutch replacement. If they are new and at the dealer they should be taken care of. Some of the later models were retrofitted. As far as design changes I don't know of any but I am by far no expert. Welcome from Mississippi, someone with more knowledge than I can probably help you. There is a lot of good info on this sight.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hi Guys!! Wanting to buy a new 1000-5 LE with Fox Shocks. There are some deals on left over new models back to 2018. Are there any updates or differnces on any model years? Thanks a bunch!!
The 18 recalls will be muffler heat shield, and gas pedal. They also have a ECM reflash thats not a recall but u will want it done. Its for a glitch tha causes the fan to no come on and u will overheat. Its free just make sure they do it. Clutch cover was already fixed on the 18s. They other stuff mentioned is something u can check to make sure its good. What it amounts to is some lazy ass on the assembly line not doing his job. I have two 2018s and neither had the throttle body, or intake issues. I did check to make sure.

Last edited:
F

filas4life

Aug 3, 2020
USA
Honestly would you guys buy a base or deluxe and add the shocks and aftermarket skids and wheels/tires or bite the bullet and get the LE? About $3300 difference. Are the fox shocks $2400? Thanks again

Reactions: Isaiah
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Honestly would you guys buy a base or deluxe and add the shocks and aftermarket skids and wheels/tires or bite the bullet and get the LE? About $3300 difference. Are the fox shocks $2400? Thanks again
I'd go base and add fox shocks($1400) and a real skid plate($900), under dash storage ($125), 28" tires($600) of your choice and whatever else that floats your boat. Unless u just really want the i-fwd, I would get a base. Also if u want 14" aluminum wheels and colored panels, then get the deluxe and add the rest.

Reactions: Isaiah
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

My 18 LE only had 1 recall; the throttle pedal, which was totally stupid.
Maybe my dealer did others in setup.
Why people who have not owned or ridden them have to bad mouth em is beyond me.
If you like it and can swing it, dont look back.

Reactions: Fuldraw

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!