P1000 any new warn axon installs?

L

laudy

Nov 1, 2019
United States
Ownership

1. 1000-5
have the pioneer 1000-5 and still considering the new warn axon 45 with the warn 93790 mount plate on the factory bumper setup. to those of you with this same setup. how did it go together?, any grinding or cutting? how is the angle of pull ? some photos would be great.
Thanks in advance for you time.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed a axon55s on my pioneer, but installed it on a Tough Country bumper. Was super easy to install. I did make my own cables out of 4 gauge instead of the 6 they came with. It took me way longer to mount my full size battery under the driver seat then installing the winch. 36e9fc9541e19d96460630284166c397

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TripleB
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
have the pioneer 1000-5 and still considering the new warn axon 45 with the warn 93790 mount plate on the factory bumper setup. to those of you with this same setup. how did it go together?, any grinding or cutting? how is the angle of pull ? some photos would be great.
Thanks in advance for you time.
A little grinding on the bash plate. It's kinda confusing because the winch is mounted upside down. Other than that its easy. The pull is from the "top", which is actually the bottom of the winch. I have pictures on my phone. PM me and I'll give you my number incase you have any questions.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wanted a 2nd battery so I wouldn't drain the main battery to the point to cause clutch problems. From reading lots of post if the main battery is low the Pioneer I will not perform properly.

I went full size because the cost was not much different than a good power sport battery, but gave me a lot more capacity. That way if we stop on the trials I can leave lights and radio playing and not worry about a dead battery. (Note I had this happen on my Teryx with a single battery)

I upgrades the cables to reduce the heat and loss when the winch is pulling a lot of Amps. There web site says 254 Amps max for the 55S I installed. Which if you look up sizing that would require a ~2/0. So if figured the biggest I could fit the better. My teryx had the wiring that came with the unit ran alot further and I never had a problem. I just had the bigger cable left from another project and figured it would help.

I used the 2 gauge to ran the leads from the full size. Battery up under the hood again for capacity and run length. You get much bigger and the cost and difficulty to run it goes way up.

The picture is under my hood. I am still working on wiring but it gives you an idea of what I am doing. In the top left bolted to the cross bars you will see where the battery terminals come in and connect with the winch and the rest of my accessory wiring.0b134391a2e34cf98429ddcbc35ac8c06b5560e3344e42989e91ac13d68aeed2

Reactions: sharp
R

Rottiedog

Oct 4, 2020
Boulder, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
A little grinding on the bash plate. It's kinda confusing because the winch is mounted upside down. Other than that its easy. The pull is from the "top", which is actually the bottom of the winch. I have pictures on my phone. PM me and I'll give you my number incase you have any questions.
Sorry, i’m A newbie and do not know (yet) how to PM.. I would be interested inn knowing more about the install and what needed grinding. Thanks

Reactions: JSDAVIS
obas

obas

Jul 30, 2020
Pell City, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry, i’m A newbie and do not know (yet) how to PM.. I would be interested inn knowing more about the install and what needed grinding. Thanks

Pic taken from the drivers side showing the notch needed to fit the Warn Axon 45
Winch Grind

Reactions: JSDAVIS
R

Rottiedog

Oct 4, 2020
Boulder, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I installed a axon55s on my pioneer, but installed it on a Tough Country bumper. Was super easy to install. I did make my own cables out of 4 gauge instead of the 6 they came with. It took me way longer to mount my full size battery under the driver seat then installing the winch. View attachment 165718

Do you have any pictures of the battery mount? Thanks

R

Rottiedog

Oct 4, 2020
Boulder, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I wanted a 2nd battery so I wouldn't drain the main battery to the point to cause clutch problems. From reading lots of post if the main battery is low the Pioneer I will not perform properly.

I went full size because the cost was not much different than a good power sport battery, but gave me a lot more capacity. That way if we stop on the trials I can leave lights and radio playing and not worry about a dead battery. (Note I had this happen on my Teryx with a single battery)

I upgrades the cables to reduce the heat and loss when the winch is pulling a lot of Amps. There web site says 254 Amps max for the 55S I installed. Which if you look up sizing that would require a ~2/0. So if figured the biggest I could fit the better. My teryx had the wiring that came with the unit ran alot further and I never had a problem. I just had the bigger cable left from another project and figured it would help.

I used the 2 gauge to ran the leads from the full size. Battery up under the hood again for capacity and run length. You get much bigger and the cost and difficulty to run it goes way up.

The picture is under my hood. I am still working on wiring but it gives you an idea of what I am doing. In the top left bolted to the cross bars you will see where the battery terminals come in and connect with the winch and the rest of my accessory wiring.View attachment 166210View attachment 166211

Hello, very interesting installation. How does the second battery, under the seat, get charged with your installation? Could you sketch of the wiring? Thanks

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i purchased a Alumn Machined Battery mount of ebay and then used a thin sheet of metal and metal brkts to bolt it in.

For the wiring I used a Ture Isolator. i purchased some battery studs of Amazon and ran my wiring to that. Sorry the wiring picture is kind of a mess. When i get a chance i will put a rough diagram on paper. 3e1d19b90f135f24957b70190478e09c3d5d5c024b2468de52f135d22ae3e085Ae98d69e7142bfb7f474f48f7a24fe4758cf55efed3add33bf1cf41628921c67D79be479e991c21f9deaf9cdcdc43c89

R

Rottiedog

Oct 4, 2020
Boulder, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
i purchased a Alumn Machined Battery mount of ebay and then used a thin sheet of metal and metal brkts to bolt it in.

For the wiring I used a Ture Isolator. i purchased some battery studs of Amazon and ran my wiring to that. Sorry the wiring picture is kind of a mess. When i get a chance i will put a rough diagram on paper. View attachment 228812View attachment 228813View attachment 228814View attachment 228815View attachment 228816

Thanks for the pictures. If you can post a diagram I would like to see it.

For the wiring I used a Ture Isolator. i purchased some battery studs of Amazon and ran my wiring to that. Sorry the wiring picture is kind of a mess. When i get a chance i will put a rough diagram on paper. View attachment 228812View attachment 228813View attachment 228814View attachment 228815View attachment 228816

Thanks for the pictures. How do the second battery get charged? Is it because of the isolator? I’d like to see a sketch if possible to understand where in the circuit the breaker was positioned and how you chose what ampersand you did. Thanks

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hopefully this sketch is clear. The 2nd Battery charges thru the Isolator. once the stock battery is charged, but it keeps the accessories from pulling power from the stock battery. If you have any other questions let me know .2db63b7051aa795450009eb2694b0c79

R

Rottiedog

Oct 4, 2020
Boulder, CO
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hopefully this sketch is clear. The 2nd Battery charges thru the Isolator. once the stock battery is charged, but it keeps the accessories from pulling power from the stock battery. If you have any other questions let me know .View attachment 228830

great, made it very clear. Thanks so much for your time.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No problem. If you have any other questions let me know. I spent way to much on wiring.

G

goheelzfan

May 7, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I mounted mine without cutting any part of the frame. Mounting the winch was a breeze compared to the mounting the switch in the dash. That was tedious.

JSDAVIS

JSDAVIS

Sep 12, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I mounted mine without cutting any part of the frame. Mounting the winch was a breeze compared to the mounting the switch in the dash. That was tedious.
Can you post a picture of the side view where you didn’t have to cut anything please?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!