Anybody seen one of these?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Anybody seen one of these up close and in person? I've watched tons of videos of them over the past handful of years, but never seen one. I think they are mostly up north and I'm stuck down here in Fl. I think they are probably even rare up north. When I originally stumbled across them a few years back they were called the Hoot ETV, now I think Winchester has bought them and rebranded it the Winchester Growler ETV. It looks pretty cool and would be perfect for the type riding I do, but I think it would get high centered a lot now adays because everybody has 38s and 40s on their sxs's these days. I will be selling my P5 probably within the month and Im leaning on getting a 700-2, but Im also thinking of something completely different also. Maybe an Argo 6x6 or Max 6x6. Something with a T-20 transmission so I can do zero turns. Anyway, sorry about my ramble. Heres a pic and vid.

Screenshot 20191205 081809 Samsung Internet

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
never seen one but did see the argo last summer

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bastardchild
dpnorth

dpnorth

North adventures south
Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Crawfordville FL
www.youtube.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand

3. Talon X
Anybody seen one of these up close and in person? I've watched tons of videos of them over the past handful of years, but never seen one. I think they are mostly up north and I'm stuck down here in Fl. I think they are probably even rare up north. When I originally stumbled across them a few years back they were called the Hoot ETV, now I think Winchester has bought them and rebranded it the Winchester Growler ETV. It looks pretty cool and would be perfect for the type riding I do, but I think it would get high centered a lot now adays because everybody has 38s and 40s on their sxs's these days. I will be selling my P5 probably within the month and Im leaning on getting a 700-2, but Im also thinking of something completely different also. Maybe an Argo 6x6 or Max 6x6. Something with a T-20 transmission so I can do zero turns. Anyway, sorry about my ramble. Heres a pic and vid.

Duuude! I think you could straddle left or right track and not have to worry about bellying out 90% of the time. Just needs 6 paddle tires and would be set down here! That and a trolling motor.

Sent from iPhone using minimal effort....

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've played with one a bit. It was chain drive no suspension and was fun for a little while playing in a pasture but when I took it to the woods it beat the crap out of me. Might be cool for swamps and such but doesn't move well on open water.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve never seen one of those but my uncle had an Argo and it’s not for the type of riding you’re going to be subjecting it to. I’d lean towards the 700-2 IMO or a 1000-3. Just my two cents.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I’ve never seen one of those but my uncle had an Argo and it’s not for the type of riding you’re going to be subjecting it to. I’d lean towards the 700-2 IMO or a 1000-3. Just my two cents.
I value your 2 cents. Im leaning towards a 700-2 for sure, but just trying to keep an open mind too. Thanks for the input my friend.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Because his portals and wheels from P5 fit I reckon.

Sent from iPhone using minimal effort....
i dont think p5 portals will fit a 700. think the spline size diameter is different. could be wrong. but if hes wanting to have more fun and more upgrades. go with 1000-3. im just about at wits end with messing with accessories for the 700. thinking about selling it and going to 1000-3 with 8 inch portals forward arched a arms and 35s.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
i dont think p5 portals will fit a 700. think the spline size diameter is different. could be wrong. but if hes wanting to have more fun and more upgrades. go with 1000-3. im just about at wits end with messing with accessories for the 700. thinking about selling it and going to 1000-3 with 8 inch portals forward arched a arms and 35s.

Back when I put portals on my P5, portals werent available for the P5, but they were available for the 700. I compared all the parts from my wifes P7 she had at the time with the parts from my P5, and came to the conclusion that the P7 portals will fit the P5. Spline count is the same, hubs, calipers, knuckles, etc...I took a chance and ordered P7 portals with the intentions of putting them on my P5, but if they didnt fit I would just put them on my wifes. They bolted right up. Had to do a little work with a rat tailed file in the ball joint holes on the portal backing plate to get the P5 ball joints to seat enough to get the castle nut far enough on to stick the cotter pin through the balljoint, but other than that it fit. I sent pics of the P7 portals on my P5 to the company I got them from and like 3 weeks later they listed P5 portals on their website. Then shortly after that other companies announced they had P5 portals. They actually had them all along, they just never did the research to realize their portals for the 700 would fit the 500. Lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I value your 2 cents. Im leaning towards a 700-2 for sure, but just trying to keep an open mind too. Thanks for the input my friend.
I think if I were you I’d consider the 700-4. You are a highly motivated large group type. I think even though you have a 1000-5 the extra seating may come in handy. The extra roof length is also nice for gear protection, and the side doors make for much easier access to the beds contents. Resale is better on the multi passenger Honda’s. Obviously you do lose a slight bit of bed and weight goes up a bit, but I see you packed in there tunes blaring asking the guy in back with cooler for another.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Back when I put portals on my P5, portals werent available for the P5, but they were available for the 700. I compared all the parts from my wifes P7 she had at the time with the parts from my P5, and came to the conclusion that the P7 portals will fit the P5. Spline count is the same, hubs, calipers, knuckles, etc...I took a chance and ordered P7 portals with the intentions of putting them on my P5, but if they didnt fit I would just put them on my wifes. They bolted right up. Had to do a little work with a rat tailed file in the ball joint holes on the portal backing plate to get the P5 ball joints to seat enough to get the castle nut far enough on to stick the cotter pin through the balljoint, but other than that it fit. I sent pics of the P7 portals on my P5 to the company I got them from and like 3 weeks later they listed P5 portals on their website. Then shortly after that other companies announced they had P5 portals. They actually had them all along, they just never did the research to realize their portals for the 700 would fit the 500. Lol
utv solutions?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I think if I were you I’d consider the 700-4. You are a highly motivated large group type. I think even though you have a 1000-5 the extra seating may come in handy. The extra roof length is also nice for gear protection, and the side doors make for much easier access to the beds contents. Resale is better on the multi passenger Honda’s. Obviously you do lose a slight bit of bed and weight goes up a bit, but I see you packed in there tunes blaring asking the guy in back with cooler for another.
I typically ride alone while the wife piles all her girlfriends in hers, but I can see where a 700-4 would be handy now and then. I would have to chop the cage and take off the rear section and make it look like a 700-2 first thing. The guy that designed the 700-4 rollcage needs glasses, and the people that told him it looks good need to be fired! Lol

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!