P1000 Anyone add a center headrest?

R

redhooker

Apr 12, 2020
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Been riding some trails and the wife has decided it really sucks not having a headrest in the center seat. Especially running rough terrain with lots of starts/stops. I searched the forum but could not find any examples. Anyone do this? Thinking of ordering another oem headrest and having a hoop welded on with a small plate to mount. Sure wish someone made a bolt on option.

Wonder why Honda left it off?

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Been riding some trails and the wife has decided it really sucks not having a headrest in the center seat. Especially running rough terrain with lots of starts/stops. I searched the forum but could not find any examples. Anyone do this? Thinking of ordering another oem headrest and having a hoop welded on with a small plate to mount. Sure wish someone made a bolt on option.

Wonder why Honda left it off?
I've been thinking of adding one for my little girl as well. @snuffnwhisky added one to his machine many moons ago, but his is a custom cage:

Glank

Glank

Jul 20, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking for one also. We went riding for 8 hours on Friday and Saturday and me 6 year old that sits in the middle needs one. I didn't think she would need on for a couple of years, but I had her sit on a boat cushion so she could see over the dash. I find it hard to believe that a clamp on style doesn't exist.

Reactions: Smitty335
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been thinking of adding one for my little girl as well. @snuffnwhisky added one to his machine many moons ago, but his is a custom cage:

View attachment 203104

I have a headrest I just haven’t gotten around to doing it yet. You can weld in an upright off the center of the factory cage to mount the headrest to.

540RA

540RA

Not So Well-Known Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2023
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
This thread is old, but wondering if anyone has come up with new options/alternatives for the center seat head rest?
May be more involved than what you were looking to do, but a simple weld-on headrest kit would work. Drag race and circle track parts websites have lots of different style kits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!