Anyone else get a defective seat in the 700-2?

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
I notified Honda about a year after I got mine that it had seat separation. But they took no action. I have re-glued it twice. Last week while moving cattle on the farm on a step ridge the seat separated again and I almost left the SS!!! It was on a step slope and I just was able to hang on!! I have notified Honda again and again I have not heard a word. A friend was in who is a lawyer and saw what happened. He suggested that I notify the attorney general as some one is going to get killed!! So I have but I doubt that Honda will even listen to him! Attached is a pic of set being reglued for the 3rd time!! Seems like such a simple fix to solve a major problem, my SS has 2200 miles on it and it did it the first time at around 400!!

IMG 0850

Reactions: Backwoods
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I notified Honda about a year after I got mine that it had seat separation. But they took no action. I have re-glued it twice. Last week while moving cattle on the farm on a step ridge the seat separated again and I almost left the SS!!! It was on a step slope and I just was able to hang on!! I have notified Honda again and again I have not heard a word. A friend was in who is a lawyer and saw what happened. He suggested that I notify the attorney general as some one is going to get killed!! So I have but I doubt that Honda will even listen to him! Attached is a pic of set being reglued for the 3rd time!! Seems like such a simple fix to solve a major problem, my SS has 2200 miles on it and it did it the first time at around 400!!

View attachment 96221
Use Gorilla glue on that dude. I’ve not heard of this one before..

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’ve got a ‘17, I don’t see any separation on mine. I’m over 800 miles. I can see your frustration. What glue are you using? Maybe take it to an upholstered place and see what they use.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Seems like a few 2014's had this issue. @Rinconruss, didn't you have this?

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
My 2014 seat seperated and I bought the camo seat covers. Problem solved as they hold the cushion to the frame very securely.

Reactions: swsebek
H

HondaTech

I had a buddies with a '14 that separated, but we caught it before It got as bad as yours.

He had HPP and got it replaced under the extended warranty.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
My 14 seat did come apart. Never did fix it. It belongs to someone else now. Had to sell her so I could fix my truck. Sucks but I will buy another one.
When did this happen?

Rinconruss

Rinconruss

Jan 10, 2018
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
When did this happen?
Just last week. Sold her to my son's best friend. His dad and him took her to George, hunting and fell in love with her. First deer blood to be in the bed, and it wasn't from me. I miss her all ready. After I get the truck fixed or replaced and the wife's new job runs for a while I might just get a 1000.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just last week. Sold her to my son's best friend. His dad and him took her to George, hunting and fell in love with her. First deer blood to be in the bed, and it wasn't from me. I miss her all ready. After I get the truck fixed or replaced and the wife's new job runs for a while I might just get a 1000.
Sorry to hear it. Such is life...

Seems like there aren't many of that 1st wave of owner's left.

H

HondaTech

Sorry to hear it. Such is life...

Seems like there aren't many of that 1st wave of owner's left.

The friend I mentioned above is the only guy I know personally who has a '14.

We've replaced the seat and water pump. Had to weld rhe upper A-arm mount back on (his fault) replaced the front cage bar (his fault as well).

Other than that hes replaced a tie rod end on the same side as the wreck. Pretty solid for him anyway.

L

Lee 2

Sep 8, 2013
I have a '14 that I purchased new. The back (upright) part of the seat cushion has came loose from the frame. I'm looking for suggestions for reattachment. It has less than 250 miles on it. Of course when I called my local Honda dealer they could give two shakes less about my problem. They advised they had not heard about '14 model Pioneers having any issues like I described.

Last edited:
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah, mines (2014) been pulling apart a little more each year. I've got the camo seat covers on my birthday list. It sucks but at least it's not breaking belts or catching on fire.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
my 15's seat it a little detached, been that way for a few thousand miles (have 4500 miles on it), my biggest issue with the seat was the water that got in it from washing would freeze in the winter months. Put the honda seat covers on it and all is wellthey would probably work good for the detaching also

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
my 15's seat it a little detached, been that way for a few thousand miles (have 4500 miles on it), my biggest issue with the seat was the water that got in it from washing would freeze in the winter months. Put the honda seat covers on it and all is wellthey would probably work good for the detaching also
Mine separated in 6 months but Honda replaced it no questions asked under warranty.

Reactions: Mudwing
VTbarn1

VTbarn1

Nov 9, 2020
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-2
Which seat covers are you guys using and where's the best place to get them?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!