P500 Anyone have Mad Ramps?

A

ayhanmecit

Jul 26, 2020
west hills, ca
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Want to get some Mad Ramps for my 500 to put in my F150 which has a 5.5 ft bed, class 5 hitch and the 3.73 rear end. Anyone have this setup with mad ramps?

• Haha
Reactions: J80 and Biteme
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Me neither, but I did make a deck and added two extra receivers on my Class V hitch. Box is 8’ with 2’ combo fuel cell dry box = 6’. System works excellent, if I did it again I’d change the under deck super structure for a little more clearance for towing.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Me neither, but I did make a deck and added two extra receivers on my Class V hitch. Box is 8’ with 2’ combo fuel cell dry box = 6’. System works excellent, if I did it again I’d change the under deck super structure for a little more clearance for towing.
View attachment 222206

View attachment 222207
Who cares about that other stuff, I like the looks and condition of your truck.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Who cares about that other stuff, I like the looks and condition of your truck.

Thanks Alan, continued “other” affliction that is worse then the P500... love the 7.3 diesel and old body style trucks.
Included image is with summers and pre-rear deck. At that time I used 3/4” plywood and solid tailgate stays, with a beater tailgate and that worked well too. Will say with the 37” tires and the lift it has can make it exciting to back up the ramps... cheers.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Alan, continued “other” affliction that is worse then the P500... love the 7.3 diesel and old body style trucks.
Included image is with summers and pre-rear deck. At that time I used 3/4” plywood and solid tailgate stays, with a beater tailgate and that worked well too. Will say with the 37” tires and the lift it has can make it exciting to back up the ramps... cheers.
View attachment 222594
And those old 7.3 engines were built the way they should have been built.

Reactions: J80 and JCart
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Want to get some Mad Ramps for my 500 to put in my F150 which has a 5.5 ft bed, class 5 hitch and the 3.73 rear end. Anyone have this setup with mad ramps?
This is a BAD idea, why you ask? Well, if you look on the drivers side B pillar you will see a yellow or white sticker that has your trucks GVW, that’s how much your truck weighs with a full tank of fuel. You will also see a warning that says the cargo and passengers should not exceed xxxpounds. Cargo is defined as anything in or on the truck. So if you weigh your buggy, plus the ramps/platform plus the people plus the gear, (coolers, tents, chairs, suitcases ect.) you will most likely find that you are over weight, by quite a lot I would guess. Your next thought is I’ll put air bags or helper springs, again BAD idea. Air bags and sprigs DO NOT give you extra cargo carrying capacity, it only raises the rear of the truck up level , you still have an overweight problem causing more wear and tear on a rig that was not designed to carry that much weight, my suggestion would be to A get a trailer to haul your buggy, or B get a bigger tuck that can handle the weight.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Looking forward to seeing @ayhanmecit set up. It’s always been a challenge in our house to configure 2 vehicles to do all things. Now has evolved to TDi VW Touareg and OBS Diesel 4x4, still not totally there though, pulling the 5th wheel TT means two trips or P5 behind the Touareg in the aluminum dump trailer. 😂🤣😝

Ross1147

Ross1147

Jun 27, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve had them for over a year now. No issues at all, love them. If you’re going to use with a F150 you’ll need airbags if you don’t have them already. My Ram 2500 was squatting so bad with the 500 in the back. I have bags and it took 75 psi to ride solid on the road again.
E8FA4130 4DEB 4B7F 8644 2252332BC706

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve had them for over a year now. No issues at all, love them. If you’re going to use with a F150 you’ll need airbags if you don’t have them already. My Ram 2500 was squatting so bad with the 500 in the back. I have bags and it took 75 psi to ride solid on the road again. View attachment 222963
This post proves my point, a 2500 3/4 ton truck with this setup was “squatting so bad“ thats a truck with a 10K payload rating. Your F-150 will pull a trailer much easier, safer and the trailer can be used for other things. If you don’t know how to pull a trailer, get one and practice, it will be much safer in the long run. This is just my opinion, and we all know what they say about opinions.👍

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Not dissing any member, but in today’s lawyer happy age, I can see a lawsuit in the future against MadRamps and the driver. If they can sue a gun manufacturer for a crime, knowingly driving above the vehicle load limits, and the manufacturer knowing its products use is in the same category. Only takes one bad accident with a contributing cause.

08FCE764 2E67 42DC 9116 DD7A6CD8C050

Last edited:
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Not dissing any member, but in today’s lawyer happy age, I can see a lawsuit in the future against MadRamps and the driver. If they can sue a gun manufacturer for a crime, knowingly driving above the vehicle load limits, and the manufacturer knowing its products use (google images) is in the same category. Only takes one bad accident with a contributing cause.
Good point - it won't be long before some moron uses Mad Ramps to load a Rubicon in the back of his 1/2 ton PU. 🤔

A

ayhanmecit

Jul 26, 2020
west hills, ca
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This is a BAD idea, why you ask? Well, if you look on the drivers side B pillar you will see a yellow or white sticker that has your trucks GVW, that’s how much your truck weighs with a full tank of fuel. You will also see a warning that says the cargo and passengers should not exceed xxxpounds. Cargo is defined as anything in or on the truck. So if you weigh your buggy, plus the ramps/platform plus the people plus the gear, (coolers, tents, chairs, suitcases ect.) you will most likely find that you are over weight, by quite a lot I would guess. Your next thought is I’ll put air bags or helper springs, again BAD idea. Air bags and sprigs DO NOT give you extra cargo carrying capacity, it only raises the rear of the truck up level , you still have an overweight problem causing more wear and tear on a rig that was not designed to carry that much weight, my suggestion would be to A get a trailer to haul your buggy, or B get a bigger tuck that can handle the weight.
The sticker in my door says max load of occupants and all cargo should not exceed 1713 lbs. The ramps weigh 150lbs, the p500 supposedly weighs 1025lbs , and I weigh 200lbs. That is 1375 lbs Total. Of course the P5 will increase a bit with new t/w and some gas. Your assumption that I am "over the weight , by quite a lot" is inaccurate.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks a little sketchy. Are you pulling something else behind the truck that prevents a trailer?

A

ayhanmecit

Jul 26, 2020
west hills, ca
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looks a little sketchy. Are you pulling something else behind the truck that prevents a trailer?
I totally agree that it looks sketchy but that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't work or even work well. I am not pulling anything else behind it. The whole point is to load it up and go. The only thing that will decide whether or not this system works for me is whether or not I can store the 3 pieces that make up the mad-ramps in my super crew cab while I am out riding. If they fit it the car, it's a done deal.

Last edited:
Ross1147

Ross1147

Jun 27, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I don’t think the piece that goes into the hitch will fit in the back Seat of the truck. It’s pretty heavy and awkwardly shaped. The rams will fit. I just put a lock on the hitch and go out riding.
I had a Polaris 850 XP prior to my 500 and I put it in the back of my F150 all the time. It weighed around 800 pounds so not much less than the 500. I had airbags on that as well. I know they don’t increase your tow rating but they help control the truck by keeping it level.
My main reason to get the ramps instead of trailer was space (live in San Diego and no room for trailer at house) and speed limit. Towing trailers in CA limits you to 55, no trailer means posted speed limit.

Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada
I have my p500 in the back of my f150 all the time.
Zero issues. No air bags and the 1000lbs don’t squat the suspension.
My only worry is the tailgate cables breaking off but there is kits you can buy that fix this.
Why I don’t trailer is because I take a lot of rough dirt roads and it would take me forever with a trailer in tow.
I have a double wide heavy snowmobile trailer that I use if I’m going with both my bikes or couple extra dirt bikes but if it’s only the p500 it’s going in the bed.
D7802483edf12d04e18d9af800d6f008
These are the extra support, I don’t have but may invest in a set down the road, only couple pieces of flat bar and easy for anyone to make.
Honestly half the reason I bought the p-500 was because I could fit it in the bed of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

ayhanmecit

Jul 26, 2020
west hills, ca
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have my p500 in the back of my f150 all the time.
Zero issues. No air bags and the 1000lbs don’t squat the suspension.
My only worry is the tailgate cables breaking off but there is kits you can buy that fix this.
Why I don’t trailer is because I take a lot of rough dirt roads and it would take me forever with a trailer in tow.
I have a double wide heavy snowmobile trailer that I use if I’m going with both my bikes or couple extra dirt bikes but if it’s only the p500 it’s going in the bed.
View attachment 223084
These are the extra support, I don’t have but may invest in a set down the road, only couple pieces of flat bar and easy for anyone to make.
Honestly half the reason I bought the p-500 was because I could fit it in the bed of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks so much!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!