BOX1

P500 Anyone installed QuadBoss Universal Front Rack?

C

ctom99

Nov 2, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Hello - I'm seriously considering adding a QuadBoss Universal Front Rack to my machine. Problem is that I can't find ANY pictures of that rack mounted to a Pioneer 500. Here's a pic of the rack installed on a Kawasaki. Can anyone here comment and/or send pics of how this rack works with the P500? Thanks!

71kteZn3iRL SX569

C

ctom99

Nov 2, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
This is the one I thought about many times. Link Honda Pioneer 500 Front Basket Rack

View attachment 103478
I've looked at the Strong Made front basket as well. I'm concerned it would decrease my view of the trail right in front of the machine too much. I'm 5'-8", and consequently sit lower in the cab than taller folks. The Strong Made basket appears to be a fair bit more visually obtrusive than the Quad Boss.

I'm intending to use my P500 for solo week-long hunting / camping trips in mountainous, rocky areas. And watching the trail carefully right in front of the machine and choosing the right line will no doubt save me a lot of grief.

I was really interested in an ATV-style front rack for carrying field-dressed deer back to the truck. I've ordered a Dusty Dawg split-level carrier for the rear rack, and the way it's designed is optimal for duffles, dry bags, etc. Carrying my spare tire in (or under) the upper basket will be very helpful as the whole rig will drive right into the 10' garage of my 5th wheel toyhauler.

I suspect I need to shelve the front rack idea for the time being. I can always get a moving blanket at Harbor Freight, then use it to protect the P500's hood when transporting field-dressed game animals back to the truck during those one or two rides a year. Having the benefit of the best visibility and being able to choose the proper line without having a spotter is no doubt far more important in the big scheme of things.

P 2 P 5

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I have considered both options you list but have opted for a hitch haul for the back. Keeps my front visibility and don't need anything raising my center of gravity on the back. However i am on old logging roads and hunt within a mile of camp if traversing rough terrain the hitch haul can get caught on things.

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
I have considered both options you list but have opted for a hitch haul for the back. Keeps my front visibility and don't need anything raising my center of gravity on the back. However i am on old logging roads and hunt within a mile of camp if traversing rough terrain the hitch haul can get caught on things.
NICE RACK!!!

C

ctom99

Nov 2, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500

There's no doubt the hitch haul is a simpler solution for carrying field-dressed deer back to camp, if you're not in rough terrain. I think I may have found a workable solution for my purposes. There is an 18" flip-down platform that can be added to the Dusty Dawg split-level carrier. The platform should support 125 lbs, which few deer around here should exceed. I'll carry the platform while hunting, but probably leave it at home while camping.

Platform
O2

C

ctom99

Nov 2, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
If anyone else is considering the Quad Boss front rack, I found this video:

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!