P1000 Anyone reommend a 12 spreader

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone run a 12 volt spreader for seed and fertilizer for food plots on their Pioneer? Looking for recommendation on one and possibly use for ice melt as well.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Whatever you buy make sure it's rated for salt and fertilizer. My brother bought one several years ago, it's fine spreading seed but burnt up two motors trying to spread fertilizer.

Reactions: EricG
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whatever you buy make sure it's rated for salt and fertilizer. My brother bought one several years ago, it's fine spreading seed but burnt up two motors trying to spread fertilizer.
Thanks for the heads up. Seems like most choices out there are for ATV's as the issue becomes opening and closing the gate on the spreader sitting so far away from it. I saw one by a company called spintech which looked like a good setup but reviews seem to be really mixed on it.

G

GBailey

Dec 27, 2017
Lake City, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have used a Spintech for years spreading corn and seed. The only issue we had was mounting it to low on an atv. Banged it hard while crossing a ditch and broke the magnets in the motor. Replaced the motor and adjusted mounting height and no more problems. The spintech uses a centrifugal plate to seal the funnel when not operating. Fine seed will have some leakage unless adjusted properly. No problem at all with corn, peas, beans and the like.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just set in the bed on a 5 gallon bucket and have my seed or fertilizer in another 5 gallon bucket and my son drives me around while I throw the stuff out been doing that for years on our food plots works pretty good

Reactions: elkguide

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!