BOX1

Arctic Cat Specials (Wildcat Trail)

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Apparently as part of Textron's recent purchase of Arctic Cat they are blowing out their inventory with huge sales.

My brother called all excited about it. They are very steeply discounting several Arctic Cat models. He is specifically interested in the Wildcat Trail. He used to have a Polaris RZR that he really wishes he still had.

Honestly, he can't afford it, however, I can tell by the sound of his voice that he is going to wind up getting something.:confused: Right now he has $ signs in his eyes because he thinks he is "getting a deal". Same thing when he bought a really expensive ZT mower rather than just fixing his old mower. Surest way to get my brother to buy something is to make him think he is getting a deal...:rolleyes:

I tried to talk him into a Pioneer 500 or better yet a Honda 420 Rancher if he just has to have something, but he won't do that. Of course he could just ride with me (main reason I bought the P1000-5 instead of something else:mad:) or his buddy with a Rhino but he has the itch. He wants a sport machine.

I know next to nothing about Arctic Cat and there is only one dealer within 2-3 hours of his house and he doesn't actually carry much Arctic Cat stock at all. Reading AC forums, they seem to be as bad or worse than Polaris, if that is possible.

However, reading this forum compared to say the Can Am Defender forum, you would think that the Pioneer sucked too.

So, anyone here know much about AC? First hand that is?

How bad is a $7,500 UTV going to burn him?

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Apparently as part of Textron's recent purchase of Arctic Cat they are blowing out their sales.

My brother called all excited about it. They are very steeply discounting several Arctic Cat models. He is specifically interested in the Wildcat Trail. He used to have a Polaris RZR that he really wishes he still had.

Honestly, he can't afford it, however, I can tell by the sound of his voice that he is going to wind up getting something.:confused: Right now he has $ signs in his eyes because he thinks he is "getting a deal". Same thing when he bought a really expensive ZT mower rather than just fixing his old mower. Surest way to get my brother to buy something is to make him think he is getting a deal...:rolleyes:

I tried to talk him into a Pioneer 500 or better yet a Honda 420 Rancher if he just has to have something, but he won't do that. Of course he could just ride with me or his buddy with a Rhino but he has the itch. He wants a sport machine.

I know next to nothing about Arctic Cat and there is only one dealer within 2-3 hours of his house and he doesn't actually carry much Arctic Cat stock at all. Reading AC forums, they seem to be as bad or worse than Polaris, if that is possible.

However, reading this forum compared to say the Can Am Defender forum, you would think that the Pioneer sucked too.

I had 3 coworkers each had an AC and something was always wrong with the machines. Now a caveat two of rhose guys could break an anvil with a pencil eraser, so may not be entirely the machine at fault.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would be concerned with how much longer AC will be around. Will part be available in a year or 2?
Textron's plans are not known and this should be a concern.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'd definitely worry about getting parts for a machine that is known to need a few.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I had 3 coworkers each had an AC and something was always wrong with the machines. Now a caveat two of rhose guys could break an anvil with a pencil eraser, so may not be entirely the machine at fault.

My brother isn't as particular or careful with his stuff as I am but he doesn't go out of his way to break stuff. He is on a very limited budget right now and doesn't need to buy anything but he REALLY doesn't need to buy something that he can't use without spending money on it. He has enough money sinks as it is.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would be concerned with how much longer AC will be around. Will part be available in a year or 2?
Textron's plans are not known and this should be a concern.

I bet they will fold it up and close out a bunch of the product lines. I figure that is one of the reasons they are blowing them out so cheap.

That was the first thing I told him, that and the fact there is only one dealer closer than 3 hours away and he doesn't currently own a truck or a trailer....

So he would have to borrow mine or a friends.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bet they will fold it up and close out a bunch of the product lines. I figure that is one of the reasons they are blowing them out so cheap.

That was the first thing I told him, that and the fact there is only one dealer closer than 3 hours away and he doesn't currently own a truck or a trailer....

So he would have to borrow mine or a friends.
Smh

Reactions: JTW and Crow_Hunter
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Don't forget the fact that one of the primary reasons I went with the Pioneer 1000-5 was so that he could ride with me and my wife. Otherwise I would have gone with the P1000-3 or more likely the Yamaha Wolverine or something else.

I love my brother very much, but sometimes I want to hit him with a 2x4.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't forget the fact that one of the primary reasons I went with the Pioneer 1000-5 was so that he could ride with me and my wife. Otherwise I would have gone with the P1000-3 or more likely the Yamaha Wolverine or something else.

I love my brother very much, but sometimes I want to hit him with a 2x4.

If he gets the AC, he'll be hitting himself!

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
He would be better off back on a Polaris

Reactions: JTW and elkguide
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
He would be better off back on a Polaris

I wondered about that. He could get a Ranger 500 or 570 Midsize for close to the price he is looking at and have more uses out of it around the house than a sport machine.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
NO,NO,NO .....you said he really liked his Razor/I was thinking sport model brands....If he is going with utility then Honda...Pick one...

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Apparently as part of Textron's recent purchase of Arctic Cat they are blowing out their inventory with huge sales.

I tried to talk him into a Pioneer 500 or better yet a Honda 420 Rancher if he just has to have something, but he won't do that. Of course he could just ride with me (main reason I bought the P1000-5 instead of something else:mad:) or his buddy with a Rhino but he has the itch. He wants a sport machine.

The trail and sport are awsome machines especially for the money. Guy I ride with all the time has the sport. No problems in 2500miles he rides it hard it's a touch quicker in a drag than our 1000. And it obviously handles and rides better at speeds 30+ mph. If he's dead set on getting one tell him to get the sport. It has a few advantages like stability ,longer travel,

Reactions: JTW
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've seen a couple of Arctic Cat out on the trails. They all looked like they had maybe 6" of ground clearance (if that). They didn't ride the same trails I did either lol.

Reactions: joeymt33
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!