P700 are accessories in short supply?

j00fek

j00fek

Jul 28, 2020
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
honda tacked on +175 for a 700-2 roof great...

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The dealer probably charged you full retail price for the roof and also a generous-to-them labor charge for installation.,

It's tough times for dealers right now. They are struggling to survive and not likely to offer discounts or free installation.

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
It is not Honda. The shipping companies are insane right now. When I ordered the roof for my new P520 it was free shipping over $100. They called me & apologized, but the shipping was almost the cost of the roof. It's not the weight, but rather the size the shipping companies are charging for. Luckily for me the were only 30 miles away and I would rather drive there to get it so I could have it for the weekend.

I should also mention that they offered to deliver it the next time a truck was this way, but no idea when it would be.

• Wow
Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
R

rickoshea

it's Honda.i told my dealer to go ahead and order me an oem steering rack months ago.i've ordered and had an rb3 rack installed and still haven't heard from my dealer,and they put a rush on it.i can't get oem parts so i have no faith in ordering acc. parts.last time i ordered oem brake pads i ordered 3 sets.

Reactions: ChadD and Smitty335
Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
The roof is pretty big box to ship.
Orders coming from Honda's accessory website are sent to local dealers and they grab it to ship.

However they dont set shipping prices.

Yep, plus every other aftermarket roof I was looking at was coming from the East coast as well to the tune of $150+, so either there's a roof conspiracy or shipping companies are gouging.

H

HondaTech

Yep, plus every other aftermarket roof I was looking at was coming from the East coast as well to the tune of $150+, so either there's a roof conspiracy or shipping companies are gouging.

They have to be shipped LTL, thats always gonna be expensive. They wont take them on regular UPS or FEDEX box trucks.

Bisley

Bisley

Apr 14, 2021
West Covina, CA
Ownership

1. 500
They have to be shipped LTL, thats always gonna be expensive. They wont take them on regular UPS or FEDEX box trucks.

That would make sense. I know that in the last six months even our company has had to adjust for a huge rise in shipping our cranes. We now cram every ounce and every square inch of a trailer lol.

I feel I should give credit to Honda in Huntington Beach CA., They didn't refuse to ship it for free, as advertised, it would just take longer. I think it would be unreal of me to expect them to ship it for almost the purchase price.

j00fek

j00fek

Jul 28, 2020
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
thanks guys, defiantly the shipping rates have been jacked cus of the vid.

i ended up getting em through the dealer with a first purchase discount so i didnt do too bad, picking up the 700 later this week, have to wait for the roof and rear panel. but at least im finally getting my camo 700-2.

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
List less 10% back in Apr-May time frame. All our Honda branded accessories came in within 4 weeks of order placement. Roof, split windshield, winch, winch mount kit. All ordered through dealer. I would say there’s no problem getting accessories.

Kinlaw

Kinlaw

Mar 26, 2021
NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
You're getting a camo 700-2? My brother from another mother!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!