100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What do you guys think of the Argo 6 and 8 wheel amphibians? I'm really liking the Outfitter model. I see it doing better in more marsh or swampy conditions. I was wondering if any of y'all have any experiences with them. Thanks.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you need the amphibious feature then sure, but otherwise I'm not impressed with them. I had a client right next door to them in New Hamburg. They had a little test track out back. One of the guys that worked at my client was telling me how impressed he was with them climbing the test track hill. I tried telling him it wasn't a major feat. I then took my rental Chevy Cobalt up it after work that night and he was suddenly unimpressed with its capabilities anymore. hahaha

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are cool. However...for your use. It would prolly be fine. I would suggest one with the electric props for water travel vs just the tire propulsion.
Yeah I saw another video of a guy that mounted a 5 hp outboard motor on his. A Schwimmwagen would be awesome

Reactions: sharp and Remington
J

JTW

Here ya go.. if you’re interested in a 6x6 or 8x8 check out the old Kid amphibious vehicles.
7E546F28 6C33 4B65 8E61 9AD193C207D9

6x6 World - KID 8x8 Amphibious Tractor by LTV Aerospace Corporation

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@CptOvo got one recently to supplement the p500.

Personally I think they are a bit crude the way they are put together, kind of like the old John Deer gators.
But the 6 wheels, amphibious and skid steer is cool as hell.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah I saw another video of a guy that mounted a 5 hp outboard motor on his. A Schwimmwagen would be awesome
The Wehrmacht made some very inivative battle machines and the leader in prototype machines during the war. the Luftwaffe did it better with aircraft tho! Sorry one of my specialties.
As for the Argo, my buddy had one and a guy from CGL down from my cabin has one. They are not fast, but they WILL go through just about anything you throw at except deep ruts like at RRB lol. From what I remember driving in a few, they won’t wo you for speed, they will wo you with there amphibious way that they posses. Still in the end you need to really drive one to understand.