Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just sharing information. Mixed reviews on internet, but no issues with mine. I did soak some WD40 to swell the handle seal as some reviews recommended. Used my thread tape as the supplied tape did not stick. Just sucked gas from a 5 gallon can on floor level. Rotated handle at a semi fast rate to overcome 4 ft head height. Pleased with the flow rate. As per reviews, the hose could be more rigid as it bends from vertical to horizontal, but just zip tie the hose to the handle to make a radius to avoid kinking. Need to buy some 3/4 ID hose to slip on the metal nozzle for transfer from the truck gas tank as the hose/nozzle metal crimp is slightly larger diameter than the truck gas tank fill hole. First impressions good, no leakage or shipping damage. This was not the cheapest, or most expensive version on the web. Many different brands. Just noticed their $10 price increase. Also listed in Walmart, free shipping on all. If its lasts, I will be very pleased. Do like the clear hose to see the flow.

Some links to the Arksen unit.
https://www.amazon.com/ARKSEN-Portable-Transfer-30-Gallons-Capacity/dp/B00BM87YFI
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arksen-3...MIia7xm-_u4wIVEcZkCh3o1gPbEAAYASAAEgK23vD_BwE

0FFA1841 89A3 4A95 A3F7 220D22229022 28981D75 8690 450D 9035 0BAF6F0937FD 513311A3 5FA5 46C0 8DFF A006DFBADBA3 FEA2697D 2733 4D24 85C4 5C286B38C2B3

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just sharing information. Mixed reviews on internet, but no issues with mine. I did soak some WD40 to swell the handle seal as some reviews recommended. Used my thread tape as the supplied tape did not stick. Just sucked gas from a 5 gallon can on floor level. Rotated handle at a semi fast rate to overcome 4 ft head height. Pleased with the flow rate. As per reviews, the hose could be more rigid as it bends from vertical to horizontal, but just zip tie the hose to the handle to make a radius to avoid kinking. Need to buy some 3/4 ID hose to slip on the metal nozzle for transfer from the truck gas tank as the hose/nozzle metal crimp is slightly larger diameter than the truck gas tank fill hole. First impressions good, no leakage or shipping damage. This was not the cheapest, or most expensive version on the web. Many different brands. Just noticed their $10 price increase. Also listed in Walmart, free shipping on all. If its lasts, I will be very pleased. Do like the clear hose to see the flow.

Some links to the Arksen unit.
https://www.amazon.com/ARKSEN-Portable-Transfer-30-Gallons-Capacity/dp/B00BM87YFI
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arksen-3...MIia7xm-_u4wIVEcZkCh3o1gPbEAAYASAAEgK23vD_BwE

View attachment 146099 View attachment 146101 View attachment 146102 View attachment 146103
Pic shows wire/clip ...... does it operate manual OR 12V?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yes, clip for static ground. Guess I’m lucky per the reviews, so far. With the wide range of prices, wonder if the cheapest ones are different or from a lesser quality provider. But they all do look alike.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious as to what the value of this caddy is?

I’m assuming it’s a solution for those garbage 5 gallon epa cans?

How do you fill it? Multiple 5 gallon fuel cans?

Reactions: VaHillbilly
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
My intent is to siphon out of my truck to fill it, to eliminate multiple 5 gallon cans hauled from the gas station. Go though 20 gallons every two weeks. Will need to get 3/4 ID hose extension to get down into truck tank. It also has a wide mouth opening to pour from cans.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My intent is to siphon out of my truck to fill it, to eliminate multiple 5 gallon cans hauled from the gas station. Go though 20 gallons every two weeks. Will need to get 3/4 ID hose extension to get down into truck tank. It also has a wide mouth opening to pour from cans.
Do you mean you can not fill it from a hose at the service station??? .... disregard ...... fill in wide mouth opening ..... lol

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Makes sense.

If you picked up a 20 gallon marine tank you could use that as your transfer vessel.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Tired of hauling cans and holding high those crappy EPA top handle gas cans. Will let the truck gas tank shuttle gas from the station to the gas caddy in the barn. This company must have improved the parts from others, (better design fill cap, solid screw-in axles, solid wheels that fit, level gauge works). Empty weight around 80 lbs. With gas at 6 lbs per gallon, and the warning of not to fill portable containers in a vehicle, that ruled out some other options for me. A trailer with ramp might work.

Last edited:
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I did over 100 recalls on Ford gas powered ambulances back in the day. Part of the recall was replacing both filler necks. They came equipped with a plastic ball that kept a hose from being inserted into the fuel tank. Make sure that a hose will fit down into your tank if you haven't already.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I did over 100 recalls on Ford gas powered ambulances back in the day. Part of the recall was replacing both filler necks. They came equipped with a plastic ball that kept a hose from being inserted into the fuel tank. Make sure that a hose will fit down into your tank if you haven't already.
Thanks for heads up, 2000 chevy 1500, fingers crossed.

H

HondaTech

We had one of these at the old shop, hose came folded and had pinched, couldnt use it.

Both the wheels fell off it within the first month.

Pump had to be primed half the time to work, got very gritty feeling. Eventually it had to be pumped vigorously backward and then forward to suck. Its said right on the side of the tank not to pump flammable fluids. I believe the pump is meant to pump oil only.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I prep used/auction cars for a local lot and we have 2 of those. And they get used. AFAIK, the lot one has had no issues. Ours at the shop started leaking from the pump, but apparently just required some bolt tightening (I didn't fix it). The gauge has never worked right either.
Seems like they pump pretty fast, though.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
We had one of these at the old shop, hose came folded and had pinched, couldnt use it.

Both the wheels fell off it within the first month.

Pump had to be primed half the time to work, got very gritty feeling. Eventually it had to be pumped vigorously backward and then forward to suck. Its said right on the side of the tank not to pump flammable fluids. I believe the pump is meant to pump oil only.
I saw similar reviews, but these axles are short machined pieces, threads into welded receiver, then acorn nut for wheel side, wheels and axles are solid. Might replace acorn nuts with stop nuts. Noticed different prices and wonder if there are different quality knock-off versions based on price. Parts on the Arksen unit are different than those described in those bad reviews.

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Follow up honest review. Finally pumped 20 gallons into the tank. About 100 turns of crank for a 5 gallon jug. The level gauge float does not work, but its not a deal breaker for me. No leaks during fuel transfer. Email to seller on fuel gauge issue, reply pending.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
A friend of mine has two of these (brand unknown).
They are old, build solid and they work.
This might be a case of "get what you pay for".

BTW: He will not part with them :(

I am going to keep watching your reviews. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Follow up honest review. Finally pumped 20 gallons into the tank. About 100 turns of crank for a 5 gallon jug. The level gauge float does not work, but its not a deal breaker for me. No leaks during fuel transfer. Email to seller on fuel gauge issue, reply pending.
Were you able to use a hose on the Chevy tank?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Only have 1/4 inch diameter now and it did go down, 2000 Silverado. Will try other sizes on next store trip. Read about a y connection on rubber inlet hose, easy access on truck. If I did that, would use a ball valve for safety reasons (rollover). At least I don’t have to hold 5 gal cans up when refueling, atv is the worst, so no regrets as is. Agree, don’t go the cheapest, you get what you pay for. Filled toys and lawnmower, no spills and just counter rotate pump to suck residual back out of hose.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!