ATV accident at WindRock Park claimed the lives of three.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sad day for windrock yesterday. Three people died in a wreck. Story says they went down a 100’ embankment into a creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been following this. We almost went today.
Curious as to if they were wearing seat belts and helmets. Wondering if that would have even made a difference.

Very sad.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So that would be one of the big gravel roads? Either flying and overshot a curve??? Family is fairly local. Just devastating.....

Reactions: 100Acre and sharp
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
So that would be one of the big gravel roads? Either flying and overshot a curve??? Family is fairly local. Just devastating.....

Yep, from what we heard it was on the north side not far from Caryville flats on G56. It's all hear say at this point but supposedly missed a curve. They are from Weaverville, NC, which is about 2 and half hours from Windrock. We've got friends there but I didnt know these guys.

I can't imagine what the family is going through. Just horrible situation for everyone.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven’t heard exact location. It’s somewhere around The Caryville Flats to be in Campbell County. I’m guess somewhere around the Devils Elbow.

Reactions: 100Acre and sharp
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They hauled a few folks this weekend from the south side of Windrock this weekend. People just need to respect how dangerous mountain riding really is. Hope there families can recover from it.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I personally did not know them. The kid I used to mentor went to N Buncombe HS with them. He wasn’t close but the whole school has had some student deaths recently. Suicide and car crash. Good student body though. More respectable kids come out of N Buncombe than most of the other schools surrounding Asheville. More conservative in nature than the more liberal schools. Some of the parents attend my church.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!