P500 auto trans didn't like the snow

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
So last weekend I made it up north to the shack where our P5 is and was adding accessories and there was still 2-3" of snow, crusty snow anyway I was out "testing" the P5 and with trans in auto, 4WD I started up a small snow covered hill and the thing had a shifting fit.

It went from 1st to 2nd and was clawing its way up but then with more wheel spin it shifted to 3rd but was starting to lug a bit so down shifted but then it wanted to go back to 3rd all in a few seconds.

so I just stopped and put it in maunal took a second to think "WOW" and proceded up the hill in second very easily.

Maybe better throttle control would have helped in auto mode I don't know but I know I do prefer manual over auto.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!