P1000 Aux battery and stinger

K

kyrider1000

Oct 4, 2022
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok so my question is this , I have installed a true dual system and stinger . But , I still have to obviously turn on the key to listen to the sound system if im just stopped somewhere enjoying a adult beverage . When I turn on my key I get this tone or noise like sound , I'm assuming it's probably the fuel pump . Question is , will it hurt anything for my key to be on for a period on time ? 2nd question is , will me having my key on run my main battery down ? . Thought that was the reason for the true dual system with stinger .

Ride em safe ✌️

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is because your stinger us powered by key on power, i.e. the only way your stinger works with the aux battery is when you key is turned on. You would need to wire it with a toggle switch instead to get it off of key on power directly to run your stuff without the key on.

Reactions: Remington
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
This is what you seek:

Screenshot 20230603 081722 DuckDuckGo

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For most the purpose of the isolated second battery is to prevent the winch from drawing down the main to the point it won’t run the stuff it needs to run. Which can happen even with the machine running if your working that winch hard. You need to put the stinger on a toggle or a maintained on/off/on switch. The club store sells a good one. The wiring diag is rt there too. That gives you the best of both and the option to turn the whole thing off

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Provided that you have all your accessories and winch powered by your AUX battery, you don't need a toggle to keep the winch or accessories from drawing down your AUX battery if you have an isolator. That's the entire point of the isolator. The DPDT switch simply allows you to run anything connected to the AUX battery (beyond the Stinger or other continuous duty relay) without turning the key on. This avoids energizing anything OEM (from the main battery) while being able to run all your accessories.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!