Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Getting some time to play and put more crap on the machine!
I started an addition on the house in the fall. All of my weekends from then on were spent on it. Tore out a bearing wall, put in a huge beam to carry the roof load. Busted ass to get it in the dry before snow started to fly. Finally finished it up, moved everything in and started using it again. :)
Ordered up some ITP Black Ops, got the tires mounted, didn't know about the splined lug nuts and tool that's needed to bolt them on. They're ordered and in transit. :mad:
Rockin' the KFI plow markers now...$13 on amazon. ;)
Put a bigger graphic on the hood, just looked too small after seeing that bear head on Blue Berry. :cool:
Tinted the half shield with green fade to black. First time I ever messed with tint, wouldn't say it was hard, but it was time consuming. :rolleyes:
Old Wheels

Plow Markers Snake Head
Tint

Gotta keep these in the house for a few days, too cold in the garage.
More to come...

Last edited:
J

Jshell3

Getting some time to play and put more crap on the machine!
I started an addition on the house in the fall. All of my weekends from then on were spent on it. Tore out a bearing wall, put in a huge beam to carry the roof load. Busted ass to get it in the dry before snow started to fly. Finally finished it up, moved everything in and started using it again. :)
Ordered up some ITP Black Ops, got the tires mounted, didn't know about the splined lug nuts and tool that's needed to bolt them on. They're ordered and in transit. :mad:
Rockin' the KFI plow markers now...$13 on amazon. ;)
Put a bigger graphic on the hood, just looked too small after seeing that bear head on Blue Berry. :cool:
Tinted the half shield with green fade to black film. First time I ever messed with tint, wouldn't say it was hard, but it was time consuming. :rolleyes:
View attachment 36277
View attachment 36278 View attachment 36279
View attachment 36280
Gotta keep these in the house for a few days, too cold in the garage.
More to come...
Awe man. Thanks for the shoutout!
What's a splined lug?

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Awe man. Thanks for the shoutout!
What's a splined lug?

The holes in the new wheels are deep, you can't get a wrench on them. You either have to get super long lug nuts or get these kind with splines in them. They come with a thin walled tool that gets down in there. I dug back to a post from 2014 to get the info I needed.
This forum rocks, info you can't find anywhere else! ;)
Lug Nuts

lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looking good!

I have similar lug nuts on my son's truck. Have to keep that socket handy, just in case. Nice graphics btw!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looking good!

I have similar lug nuts on my son's truck. Have to keep that socket handy, just in case. Nice graphics btw!

Thanks lonewolf. Yeah I have one locker nut on each wheel of the truck. With these, they're all keyed.
Can't wait to get this thing put together, I have the Jak Bar coming too! ;)

Reactions: Jshell3
C

Chooglin

You've been busy.......lol.

That windshield is going to look killer !

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You've been busy.......lol.

That windshield is going to look killer !

Read a post a while back where you said to go with 5+2 offsets on all four and then 1" spacers in back to have an even track width.
That is correct isn't it? I hope so or I just opened a can...
I'm hoping the windshield ties in a little with the Rukind covers. :D

C

Chooglin

Read a post a while back where you said to go with 5+2 offsets on all four and then 1" spacers in back to have an even track width.
That is correct isn't it? I hope so or I just opened a can...
I'm hoping the windshield ties in a little with the Rukind covers. :D
If I remember correctly , they are not exact but they are very close , after you put the 1.00" spacers on the rear !

lonewolf

lonewolf

Jan 19, 2017
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
That is correct isn't it?

I never really put too much thought into this, but I guess your saying the hub faces in the front on the Pioneer 500, extend wider than the rear to compensate, for the narrower tires and wheels than the rear? So, once you put equal tires, and wheels on front and back, the front would be wider than the rear? Hence the reason for the 1" spacer.

All of this being said, I was curious if one could buy 5+2 offset in the front, and 4+3 in the rear, and basically accomplish the same thing, and not buy a spacer?

C

Chooglin

Yep , same as
All of this being said, I was curious if one could buy 5+2 offset in the front, and 4+3 in the rear, and basically accomplish the same thing, and not buy a spacer?
I would say you would get the same results !

Reactions: lonewolf
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Got after it a bit today again. Installed the @PistonHonda battery tender socket. Mounted mine to the front of the toolbox so the wires go right in to the power blocks box. Easily accessible, short wire run, I can plug right in without removing anything.
Went to install my Jakbar and it didn't quite clear the box. It was close but, guess one of us had to be the first. Lol. Sent @jak9922 some pics, said he'd fine tune it and get me another one out. I got a good look at it though and it's gonna be BA!
Battery Tender
0226171323a

Back screw of glove box.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!