ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
has anyone tried these? They look pretty good and the price isn’t bad. I just wonder what the quality is compared to the Strongmade and Tough Country bumpers.

Honda Pioneer 1000 Front Bumper - Bad Dawg UTV Accessories

Looks like it sticks our really far and the "skid plate" looks really wimpy. I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money and have no protection for the front fenders and head lights. I do like that the winch mount is low compared to other brands which puts the winch a lot closer to the frame mounts.

wolf359

wolf359

Nov 23, 2019
Appalachia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello Honda SxS Club!

fIRst post here.....

I am the proud new owner of a 2020 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and new to the side by side thing with several ATV's and snowmobiles under my belt. My journey is just beginning but I have things to share so I hope it's okay to revive this old thread.....

I was intrigued by this bumper from the start and once I saw the Warn Axon Winch I knew I needed them both. And then Black Friday happened and they were mine. Here's the results.....

Super happy with this bumper. I had a few emails with Bad Dawg about fitment on the 2020 and they could not confirm but didn't think anything changed since 2019. Turns out they were right. The only thing is they didn't pack enough bolts for the included bull bar. The bolts are on the way but I'm not convinced I'll install the bar. I kinda like the way it looks without.

I'm researching getting the winch wired up and I'm counting on the club to help me out! Dual batteries is next on the list.....

wolf359

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the site. nice looking rig you have!

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Hello Honda SxS Club!

fIRst post here.....

I am the proud new owner of a 2020 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe and new to the side by side thing with several ATV's and snowmobiles under my belt. My journey is just beginning but I have things to share so I hope it's okay to revive this old thread.....

I was intrigued by this bumper from the start and once I saw the Warn Axon Winch I knew I needed them both. And then Black Friday happened and they were mine. Here's the results.....

Super happy with this bumper. I had a few emails with Bad Dawg about fitment on the 2020 and they could not confirm but didn't think anything changed since 2019. Turns out they were right. The only thing is they didn't pack enough bolts for the included bull bar. The bolts are on the way but I'm not convinced I'll install the bar. I kinda like the way it looks without.

I'm researching getting the winch wired up and I'm counting on the club to help me out! Dual batteries is next on the list.....

wolf359
The Axon winch is so nice. One of the reasons is because it is so incredibly easy to install. If I were you, I would wait until you get your 2nd battery, then wire the winch to that. This will take the strain of the winch of the main battery, which is important on P1000's. With you winch up high like that, your power wires will be nice and short which is good. Anyhow, unless you will be needing to use the winch right away, get your dual battery setup done first and then wire the winch. It's a very easy job!

wolf359

wolf359

Nov 23, 2019
Appalachia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks Vikes79!

ehart814 I was thinking that I would wait to hook up the winch to the 2nd battery like you suggest. I'm not really a fan of doing things twice but it happens. Thanks for the tip!

wolf359

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!