Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Sold off my P500 and finally got a 1000 so I can run(or try to) with the big boys. This is going to be a very slow and boring build up compared to most here.

The day I brought her home. The stealership gave me a decent deal on the roof so I went ahead and added it there.
20180720 110010

First two mods were the most essential. The extended vent line kit from @Bayouownbeer , followed by real cupholders.
20180711 194758

Last edited:
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I got my winch mounted up and mostly wired in. Just waiting on my fuse panel from @mystic1219 , should be here tommorow.

While I had my front bumper off I added a ground between the frame and bumper.
20180720 103908

Have my 2nd battery installed and hooked up. Everything seems to working fine. Now I need to hook up the Stinger and my blue sea fuse panel.
20180719 205302

If I understand correctly, I run an ignition hot and a ground to the 2 small terminals on the Stinger, and that will give me key on power to the fuse block?? Wiring is not my strong point. I'm slowly learning, and I want this to be a nicer cleaner wiring job than I did on my P500.

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not familiar with what a stinger is but I normally use 60amp fused relay that is setup to power a separate fuse block for my accessories.

On my new rig (identical to yours, nice choice!) I’ll add a second rocker switch such that I can run my accessories w/o the key on as well with it on.

There’s times ice fishing where I will want to only run led lights and my helix w/o the key on or motor on.

Looks like you are making good progress!

Reactions: Bad_bowtie
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I’m not familiar with what a stinger is but I normally use 60amp fused relay that is setup to power a separate fuse block for my accessories.

On my new rig (identical to yours, nice choice!) I’ll add a second rocker switch such that I can run my accessories w/o the key on as well with it on.

There’s times ice fishing where I will want to only run led lights and my helix w/o the key on or motor on.

Looks like you are making good progress!

Thank you, here is the stinger in question.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001HC6UJ0/?tag=sxsweb24-20

J

JTW

I got my winch mounted up and mostly wired in. Just waiting on my fuse panel from @mystic1219 , should be here tommorow.

While I had my front bumper off I added a ground between the frame and bumper.
View attachment 81500

Have my 2nd battery installed and hooked up. Everything seems to working fine. Now I need to hook up the Stinger and my blue sea fuse panel.
View attachment 81501
If I understand correctly, I run an ignition hot and a ground to the 2 small terminals on the Stinger, and that will give me key on power to the fuse block?? Wiring is not my strong point. I'm slowly learning, and I want this to be a nicer cleaner wiring job than I did on my P500.
Yup.. the big terminals are both accessory hot. Only down fall to what you’re doing is the key will have to be on to run any accessory vs a master power switch

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the same exact winch. How did you mount your fair lead? It looks like you used a kfi mount as did I.

I used a dremmel to open the existing slots on the factory bumper so that I could use the fair lead that came with the kit. Did you do the same?

I’m not sure what to think of the fair lead being so much higher than the winch. I’m used to keeping everything in a straight line off the winch.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I have the same exact winch. How did you mount your fair lead? It looks like you used a kfi mount as did I.

I used a dremmel to open the existing slots on the factory bumper so that I could use the fair lead that came with the kit. Did you do the same?

I’m not sure what to think of the fair lead being so much higher than the winch. I’m used to keeping everything in a straight line off the winch.

Yeah I'm not sure about the fairlead being as high as it is. I may end up doing like some here and going straight out the front with it. I will also eventually go with a synthetic rope. Probably sooner than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Well my switch plate arrived today, so I've been busy getting that together. Needs to be cleaned up some under the dash, but I'll do that when I add the fuse block and have everything where I want it permanently.

Since i used a dual voltmeter, I used the 2nd round hole for my remote winch cable plug.
20180720 173013

Last edited:
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Just need to make a cable from the Stinger to the fuse box and I'll be done. Now I will be able to start adding accessories! Everytime UPS drives by my wife asks me what I've ordered. They dropped off the coolant hose for the underhood snorkel today.

20180726 182210

J

JTW

Just need to make a cable from the Stinger to the fuse box and I'll be done. Now I will be able to start adding accessories! Everytime UPS drives by my wife asks me what I've ordered. They dropped off the coolant hose for the underhood snorkel today.

View attachment 82102
Just a word of advice.. I would put dielectric grease on all the connectors and connections as there’s so much moisture, crud and corrosion over time. It’ll save you aggravation down the road and it’s easy to do now while everthing is clean and fresh.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Just a word of advice.. I would put dielectric grease on all the connectors and connections as there’s so much moisture, crud and corrosion over time. It’ll save you aggravation down the road and it’s easy to do now while everthing is clean and fresh.

Thanks for the advice. I bought a new tube the other day but forgot to put it on about half my connections. I'll go back over everything.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 82102
Amazon delivered that same hose for the intake snorkel yesterday for me too.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Got her loaded up for her maiden voyage to Windrock in the morning.

Also will be the 1st real trip this trailer has made in about 15 years. My grandfather had it built in the early 2000s to pull his tractor on. He only used it a few times before his death. I got the brakes and lights working, regreased the bearings, added fenders, and put 4 new tires on it. Will need refloored pretty soon. Kinda nervous pulling it the first time, even though it should be good to go.

Also got my Tennessee Class 1 license plate today from the county clerks office.

20180727 172117
20180727 173338

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Also will be the 1st real trip this trailer has made in about 15 years. My grandfather had it built in the early 2000s to pull his tractor on. He only used it a few times before his death. I got the brakes and lights working, regreased the bearings, added fenders, and put 4 new tires on it. Will need refloored pretty soon. Kinda nervous pulling it the first time, even though it should be good to go.

Also got my Tennessee Class 1 license plate today from the county clerks office.

View attachment 82201 View attachment 82202
Looks country! Tounge looks a little iffy? Bad Bow Tie running a Yotta?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chadwick1968
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

View attachment 82201 View attachment 82202
You have a great time with those extra cc’s

Reactions: Bad_bowtie

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!