P1000 Badlands zxr 5000 any opinions

D

DDDonkey

I have one on the KRX with no issues, and a Super winch on the Pioneer. If I where to do it again I would have just a badlands on both for the price. I just changed the wire rope to synthetic before the first use and no issues since.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think I'm going to go with the Badland ZXR 5000 wide spool for my 1000-5 Deluxe I'm picking up tomorrow, using the new style KFI #101885 winch mount. Anyone know if this Badland wireless winch remote will work with the 5000? I have a spare 1/4" x 50' synthetic winch rope that I picked up a couple years ago for the ATV but never swapped it out, so I will likely throw that on there for now.
I tried the orange one that looks like a key fob and couldn’t get it to work on mine but they have another wireless that looks like the wired controller that I think will work but haven’t tried.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I tried the orange one that looks like a key fob and couldn’t get it to work on mine but they have another wireless that looks like the wired controller that I think will work but haven’t tried.
Thanks. I saw that one, too. It says it works with any of their 5-pin winches, so I'm thinking it will.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got that winch on my Pioneer. Definitely go with synthetic.

The wireless you linked does not go with this winch. Neither does the hawse fairlead that HF sells.

I've just been running the roller fairlead with the synthetic, and despite many advising against it, it's been working just fine. As long as your rollers haven't been abused by cable, they'll work.

Reactions: Lady01 and Homer
TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tagging this for information. I've always thought of H.F. as junk, but this one seems to get good reviews! And you can't beat the price....

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
Several my buddies have these. They swear by them. I have one also just need to put it on…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If you do want to go with the Hawse fairlead, these guys make one

Is that also the same distance between the holes in the P1K5 Deluxe front bumper?

Looking at the KFI mount, it says this about the Badland wide spool models:

1. Requires roller fairlead with a 6.0" bolt pattern; available if needed #UTV-RF
  2. Listed models come with incorrect ATV roller fairleads with a bolt pattern of 6.6"

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think I'm going to go with the Badland ZXR 5000 wide spool for my 1000-5 Deluxe I'm picking up tomorrow, using the new style KFI #101885 winch mount. Anyone know if this Badland wireless winch remote will work with the 5000? I have a spare 1/4" x 50' synthetic winch rope that I picked up a couple years ago for the ATV but never swapped it out, so I will likely throw that on there for now.
No experience with the other parts, but the KFI winch mount is great for inverted mounting and was easy to install.

Reactions: Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Tagging this for information. I've always thought of H.F. as junk, but this one seems to get good reviews! And you can't beat the price....
The crazy part about HF is that it's kind of like an Afghan Hound: You either love it or you hate it. There is no in between. With some things, you get a giant piece of crap. With other things, you get an absolute gold mine. But nothing in between. Here's to hoping the ZXR 5K is the latter.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!