Baja 1000

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The coverage of the 1000 sucks. The only way I've found to track the cars is with the SCORE race tracker. http://score-international.com/2020-Races/baja1000/livetracking.html

#1945 and #1919 are the Raceco built Talons.
The Raceco Talon that is leading the N/A class...

Screenshot 20201121 103009 Samsung Internet

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where is the resident KRX nut swinger now??? 🤣
Don't know if I'm a "nut swinger" but I do have a KRX. I've driven both KRX and Talon stock and, frankly I'm more impressed with the construction and handling of the KRX......this is after pining for a Talon. Doesn't mean that I'm not happy to see Honda do good. I wish my KRX had the same type of drive train as my Pioneer or a Talon.......but I'm old enough to realize that I can't wait forever for the perfect UTV.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
And most importantly..... The #1945 IS NOT a factory sponsored car. They are just a couple guys that wanted to race the Baja 1000 in a Honda and spent their own money to make it happen. :cool:

that’s what I like! Grass roots racing with people that WANT to race just to do it. I have zero experience racing or even desert riding but would love to do something like Baja or mint 400 at least once. That would be a fabulous adventure.

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is NO Pioneer in the race....... Just sayin'
emoji3526.png
emoji106.png
emoji471.png
emoji1258.png

I cringe just thinking about running a Pioneer in a race like that. Almost as bad as the stock VW class. I bet there is a class for Pioneers though. Been a while since I've been to one, but they are a celebration of engineering, innovation, personal grit, and resourcefulness. Especially the privateers. They make something out of nothing compared to the factory teams.....It is great when they win or place.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The Proctor car is on track to win Unlimited UTV as well I believe.

Honestly I have zero interest in anything Proctor does. With the amount of money, testing and factory backing they have in those cars they sure have unimpressive race results. If Honda was smart they would start backing Raceco. :cool:

Raceco parts are super nice. I have their radius rods, trailing arm brackets right now and plan on buying their front A arms in the near future.

H

HondaTech

Honestly I have zero interest in anything Proctor does. With the amount of money, testing and factory backing they have in those cars they sure have unimpressive race results. If Honda was smart they would start backing Raceco. :cool:

Raceco parts are super nice. I have their radius rods, trailing arm brackets right now and plan on buying their front A arms in the near future.

We've had several people tell us Proctor creates alot of his own problems, but then again he says that JR hasn't been great to deal with and they've been pretty much hung out to dry with the turbo and had to figure it out themselves. They didn't have a turbo for KOH testing till almost a month before the race.

My GM had the Raceco front arms on our race car but we had to go narrow to win races. He still runs their radius rods, trailing arm pivot braces, front shock tower brace and tie rod kit.

Depending on how next year goes, we plan on building a car from the frame up for IXCR and possibly some Tex Plex racing.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
We've had several people tell us Proctor creates alot of his own problems, but then again he says that JR hasn't been great to deal with and they've been pretty much hung out to dry with the turbo and had to figure it out themselves. They didn't have a turbo for KOH testing till almost a month before the race.

My GM had the Raceco front arms on our race car but we had to go narrow to win races. He still runs their radius rods, trailing arm pivot braces, front shock tower brace and tie rod kit.

Depending on how next year goes, we plan on building a car from the frame up for IXCR and possibly some Tex Plex racing.

He want to sell the arms?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!