UPDATE: Bandit HONDA TALON TRUE DUAL RATE SPRING KIT anyone have these?

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
https://www.banditutvsuspension.com...seat-non-live-valve-true-dual-rate-spring-kit

Has anyone tried these? I've seen TerryH youtube video on these springs https://www.banditutvsuspension.com...2-seat-non-live-valve-upgrade-dual-spring-kit and look like a good upgrade, but the true dual rate springs with crossovers look like a better option for me.
Dual rate springs with crossovers have been used on dang near every off road racing truck for decades, they’re definitely the favored option. Anything else is a compromise. IMO

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
https://www.banditutvsuspension.com...seat-non-live-valve-true-dual-rate-spring-kit

Has anyone tried these? I've seen TerryH youtube video on these springs https://www.banditutvsuspension.com...2-seat-non-live-valve-upgrade-dual-spring-kit and look like a good upgrade, but the true dual rate springs with crossovers look like a better option for me.
This is just my opinion from my experiences, send them to Weller and do it right the first time!!!!!
I have a set of Shock Therapy springs and extension caps with 100 miles on the if ya want to try them. PM me and we can discuss.

B

BrendenS

Aug 1, 2021
Hastings Nebraska
Ownership

1. Talon X
While I would like to send my shocks off to Weller for a revalve it's just not in my budget. Also thanks for the offer on the ST set up, but their reviews are not very inspiring.

IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
My buddy and I both run the Shock Therapy springs and are Very happy with that setup. Honda - Shock Therapy
IMG 6638
IMG 6640
IMG 6644

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
For what its worth I put the Bandit tender springs on mine before I even took it for it's first ride. I also capped all the shock revivor with vales and I have them I think at 150-200 PSI. I have been happy with the ride. But I haven't ridden in one that didn't have the stock set up. I currently have 3,600 miles on that set up and it's still good. 3,600 miles though is nothing compared to some of the guys who post on here. Like someone else said, where you ride, how you ride, and how fast you go, are all going to dictate the best set up for you. But I think you have a good start with the Bandit set up.

prostreet66mustang

prostreet66mustang

Dec 6, 2020
Oro Valley (Tucson) Az
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hey Brenden As some one stated it is what kind of riding you are looking for and how fast. You bought an X so I would think trails. I bought my knowing I would be desert racing. ST is a rip off. They will say anything to get you in the door, then all the help you get is LOOK ON LINE. Jason Weller is the same way took my shocks apart after getting them back for ST and then told me they did not have parts to put them back together. Missed two races because of them. Plus they do not even know what there spring rate is. Plus he is a Yamaha Guy. Jason looked me right in the eye and said I would make the race for NOT. Not very many people have done work on the Honda. If you want to run wide open you really need to revalve the shocks. Yes the springs will help. I would go with Eibach. They are soft and a lot longer that will help with full travel. Plus I hate to say you have to get off the 28" tire as with 28s let the bottom of the car hit before the shock gets to the rubber stop. ST drilled holes in my vavles was they fix NOT. Weller just put in Fox high flow piston. Neither fix or want to fix the really problem which is the valving. Put the Eibach springs and some 30"s and save your money for a good cage!!! Just my thoughts

B

BrendenS

Aug 1, 2021
Hastings Nebraska
Ownership

1. Talon X
Finally an update. I went with the Stage 3 Bandit dual rate kit. My first impressions were that they were awful stiff. I was able to put about 300 miles on them while we vacationed at Ozark National Forest, this made a small improvement. Our usual riding area is Tuttle Creek OHV in Kansas, this is mostly rock crawling and short trail sections. With rock crawling in mind I decided to disconnect the sway bar, while I have done this before with the stock springs I had felt it wallowed in turns and didn't care for that setup. Well with the Bandit setup I find the disconnected sway bar to be the perfect setup for my riding style, it allowed articulation on rocks and less body roll in cornering. As a side note during installation I measured its stock ride height and added 1 inch to the Bandit setup expecting it to settle in, 500 miles later and it is still at the height I set.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!