P1000m5 Base vs Deluxe vs LE

G

Gunblaize

Jan 4, 2019
Piedmont NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Which offers the better value with the 1k5? I think for me, I’d rather go with a base and spend the difference on the upgrades I see fit. I know the LE has some stuff you can’t add to a base though (hillstart, brake force, I4wd).

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I went with the base. Seems like it was a little over $1,000 cheaper at the time. I figured I would be changing tires and wheels anyways, as well as adding light bars. So why pay extra for the aluminum wheels/crappy 4ply bighorns and LED headlights. I have added the deluxe panels ($300). I do think these machines look much better with the panels.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which offers the better value with the 1k5? I think for me, I’d rather go with a base and spend the difference on the upgrades I see fit. I know the LE has some stuff you can’t add to a base though (hillstart, brake force, I4wd).
I bought the base and added what I wanted. No matter what model you get. It needs skid plates $800+ - , and 8 ply tires. $600.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I'm looking at them now and for me, I would not spend the money on LE model. However, I would be interested in the EPS version (power steering is nice in wood/tight trails) but equally for me, I want the ability to use a paddle shifter (literally 99% of my use on a P500 with both options, I like paddle shifting), and have the ability to hold a gear when needed/wanted....

Heck, I may have just made a decision, LOL....

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It depends on what you want to add. With the leftover pricing I'm seeing on the LE model, it would be a better deal than my Deluxe. The LE includes roof, shocks, skid and A-arm guards and under dash storage all of which I added to mine. Plus under seat storage and the I4wd and associated extras. I would still change tires and add UHMW skid. The LE prices I've seen from Abernathy's is cheaper than the Deluxe with those added.
If you are a mudder and adding portals or big lifts, none of that stuff adds value to you. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

G

Gunblaize

Jan 4, 2019
Piedmont NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
When I can get a P1000-5, I’ll be looking to add a roof, flip up windshield, dual battery, winch (w/ synthetic rope), front and rear lights, snorkel (just to be safe), skids w/ A-arm guards, roof mounted gun rack, new wheels/tires and depending on what I can fit stock maybe a small lift or extended a-Arms (still researching that part).

Price shopping, I think I can do all that for less than a 1-5 LE. The deluxe doesn’t offer anything for me over the base, I couldnt care less about pretty matching body panels for me to scratch up lol

Reactions: sharp and Plumber32
I

IttyBittyFitty

Dec 19, 2017
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand
It depends on what you want to add. With the leftover pricing I'm seeing on the LE model, it would be a better deal than my Deluxe. The LE includes roof, shocks, skid and A-arm guards and under dash storage all of which I added to mine. Plus under seat storage and the I4wd and associated extras. I would still change tires and add UHMW skid. The LE prices I've seen from Abernathy's is cheaper than the Deluxe with those added.
If you are a mudder and adding portals or big lifts, none of that stuff adds value to you. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

The LEs I've been seeing do not come with a roof??

Gunslingertom

Gunslingertom

Nov 25, 2018
SW Missouri Ozarks
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought in April and was able to get a deluxe for the same money as the base, but that's for a 700. I don't even think my dealership had any 1000's at the time. If the deluxe hadn't been on sale, I would have bought the base for the same reasons. The Honda branded accessories are way to expensive, although at the time, they were also running a special on accessories at 50% off as long as they were purchased at the same time. So I did get a roof and windshield.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The EPS and paddles are all I would really care about myself. The only thing I would care about on the LE is the shocks, but I wouldn't want the I4wd under any circumstance, so no go there. LE does look nice, though. As others said, really depends on the price difference.

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I read a test that said roof was included. If I'm wrong, sorry about that.
My dealer didn't have any LE at the time and didn't plan on getting any.

One thing the Deluxe body panel allows is the rear door mod. The LED headlights are also much better even with light bars.

The rest of the mods list is the same regardless of which model you start with.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I would go with what you can afford and get in the woods! Wish you could get a Deluxe or LE with steel wheels. Cause the wheels and tires will be the first to go!

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
When I can get a P1000-5, I’ll be looking to add a roof, flip up windshield, dual battery, winch (w/ synthetic rope), front and rear lights, snorkel (just to be safe), skids w/ A-arm guards, roof mounted gun rack, new wheels/tires and depending on what I can fit stock maybe a small lift or extended a-Arms (still researching that part). Price shopping, I think I can do all that for less than a 1-5 LE. The deluxe doesn’t offer anything for me over the base, I couldnt care less about pretty matching body panels for me to scratch up lol

Just to ensure we are comparing the same three-machines, base vs. deluxe vs. in 1000 P5 version, then I respectfully disagree with the assessment as noted, "The deluxe doesn’t offer anything for me over the base, I couldnt care less about pretty matching body panels for me to scratch up l". The difference between base vs deluxe includes body panels, but other options including and not limited to EPS, LED Lights, Radial Tires/Rims, those panels as well, etc. Not sure what prices you are seeing, but prices between base and deluxe is $1000, Build Your 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 - Honda Powersports

Overwhelming, the vast majority of people like EPS, hands-down. I suspect if you add the list of options you want as quoted "add a roof, flip up windshield, dual battery, winch (w/ synthetic rope), front and rear lights, snorkel (just to be safe), skids w/ A-arm guards, roof mounted gun rack, new wheels/tires and depending on what I can fit stock maybe a small lift or extended a-Arms" then you will benefit significantly from EPS, and think the marginal difference in cost is something you discuss with a dealer and looking them over closely including a test drive :)

Reactions: JTW and sharp
G

Gunblaize

Jan 4, 2019
Piedmont NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would go with what you can afford and get in the woods! Wish you could get a Deluxe or LE with steel wheels. Cause the wheels and tires will be the first to go!

I really wish you could just order one like a car, pick and choose factory options.

Reactions: sharp and Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just to ensure we are comparing the same three-machines, base vs. deluxe vs. in 1000 P5 version, then I respectfully disagree with the assessment as noted, "The deluxe doesn’t offer anything for me over the base, I couldnt care less about pretty matching body panels for me to scratch up l". The difference between base vs deluxe includes body panels, but other options including and not limited to EPS, LED Lights, Radial Tires/Rims, those panels as well, etc. Not sure what prices you are seeing, but prices between base and deluxe is $1000, Build Your 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 - Honda Powersports

Overwhelming, the vast majority of people like EPS, hands-down. I suspect if you add the list of options you want as quoted "add a roof, flip up windshield, dual battery, winch (w/ synthetic rope), front and rear lights, snorkel (just to be safe), skids w/ A-arm guards, roof mounted gun rack, new wheels/tires and depending on what I can fit stock maybe a small lift or extended a-Arms" then you will benefit significantly from EPS, and think the marginal difference in cost is something you discuss with a dealer and looking them over closely including a test drive :)
I think you are using a bucket with holes in it, HA!;)

Reactions: Plumber32
G

Gunblaize

Jan 4, 2019
Piedmont NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

So I’m settled on a 1000-5, covers my eps since all the 1-5s have it.

Guess when I said didn’t offer anything for me, I should’ve italiced me. I could care less about the fancy wheels and tires, I’d be putting new ones on it. The leds, while nice, lightbars aren’t that expensive. I’ll have to look into the door panel mod.

G

Gunblaize

Jan 4, 2019
Piedmont NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I really wish you could just order one like a car, pick and choose factory options.

Think Alloutdoors and I posted at the same time, I see the build tool now. Thanks for posting that

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
So I’m settled on a 1000-5, covers my eps since all the 1-5s have it. Guess when I said didn’t offer anything for me, I should’ve italiced me. I could care less about the fancy wheels and tires, I’d be putting new ones on it. The leds, while nice, lightbars aren’t that expensive. I’ll have to look into the door panel mod.

Go here, 2019 Pioneer - Honda Powersports then scroll down until you see the "COMPARE MODELS" and click on it... It is there where all the units are put in a nice text box showing you the actual difference,

Upload 2019 1 13 16 55 36

Reactions: sharp and Gunblaize
Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You guys are correct that all P1K5 come with eps. I chose the deluxe because of the LED lights, Aluminum wheels and preferred the look of the panels. I have no regrets and the rear door mod is icing on the cake. I have kept my wheels and just changed tires to an 8 ply. The other incredibly long list of mods (mostly this sites fault) would be added to any of the 3 models.
I would recommend the super Atv flip up windshield over the Honda if you aren't getting glass. FWIW.

G

Gunblaize

Jan 4, 2019
Piedmont NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Go here, 2019 Pioneer - Honda Powersports then scroll down until you see the "COMPARE MODELS" and click on it... It is there where all the units are put in a nice text box showing you the actual difference,

View attachment 102304
I’ve poured over that page a thousand times lol.
You guys are correct that all P1K5 come with eps. I chose the deluxe because of the LED lights, Aluminum wheels and preferred the look of the panels. I have no regrets and the rear door mod is icing on the cake. I have kept my wheels and just changed tires to an 8 ply. The other incredibly long list of mods (mostly this sites fault) would be added to any of the 3 models.
I would recommend the super Atv flip up windshield over the Honda if you aren't getting glass. FWIW.

That’s the windshield I’ve been eyeballing.

How’s your experience been with the factory wheels?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!