P1000 Battery change problem

B

BrotherNov

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2019
Springfield, IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had to replace the main/factory battery in my 2020 P1K5. When reinstalling the bracket that holds the battery in place, I discovered that the threaded insert/female end you'd put the screw into has fallen off. Nice. It's the one closest to the firewall, furthest from the bumper. Now I'm left with a 23/64" unthreaded hole I somehow need to attach the battery hold down bracket to. What would you do? I suspect a rivet might work, but my right angle rivet gun won't reach it. I could buy another rivet gun, or maybe use a toggle bolt? Any suggestions?

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just throwing this out there until someone with first hand experience can jump in.
I am in no way familiar with your situation.
Would something like this work?

Have a good day

Stateboy

Stateboy

Lifetime Member
Apr 5, 2021
Wolverine, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you can't get to the backside of the 23/64" hole like I think the idea @Mark in Northern Iowa suggests, perhaps you could drill the hole out to 1/2" and try the hardware some have used to secure removable panels for additional storage in the doors. I've added examples of the hardware from Amazon for reference. This is, of course, if I understand the problem correctly. Af520ef5fd13b07a970732a26890a7719798a5b59104ee1a17cdf52a3fd81aa8

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, I can't remember what was in there, but I do know they use those rubber "well nuts" pictured above for tail light mounts, and since yours is missing, it was likely one of those. They can fall out on disassembly.

Check your garage floor, it may show up now that you know what it looks like.

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As far as I can tell there's no access to the backside of the hole. I'll try Stateboy's idea. Thanks guys.
There’s always access. You may have to remove the fenders and disassemble the front half of the cab to get to it, but there IS access.
Luckily you won’t have to remove the rear wheels. Or the tailgate.

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

Take the shifter adjuster acces flap out. The nuts are inserts that slide into the slots in the fender. They aren't expensive and you should be able to put the top one in through that acces panel.

M

Mark_R

Mar 4, 2021
North Central Nowhere Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Long time lurker first time poster:

Just found this fairly recent post because the same missing nut thing happened to me. I was swapping out my primary battery today and the special nut for the battery strap fell out and rattled down somewhere towards the bottom of the machine and did not land on the floor. I figured it was gone so I looked up the part number 90303-HA0-680 "6x7 Special Nut" and ordered a couple. Took HondaTech's advice above and removed the shifter access flap under the battery and looked down inside and noticed the back of another 2 screw access panel located in the front center of cab floor board wall. Removed that panel and located the special nut and retrieved it with a magnet. Installed it back in place through the shifter access flap opening.

Hat tip to HondaTech for the suggestion.

I guess I am supposed to provide pictures.....
Attached pictures of my 2019 1000-5 in the shop for some TLC ....one picture with latest June 2022 G&A magazine to validate it did really happen.

SANY3985 SANY3987 SANY3988

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Long time lurker first time poster:

Just found this fairly recent post because the same missing nut thing happened to me. I was swapping out my primary battery today and the special nut for the battery strap fell out and rattled down somewhere towards the bottom of the machine and did not land on the floor. I figured it was gone so I looked up the part number 90303-HA0-680 "6x7 Special Nut" and ordered a couple. Took HondaTech's advice above and removed the shifter access flap under the battery and looked down inside and noticed the back of another 2 screw access panel located in the front center of cab floor board wall. Removed that panel and located the special nut and retrieved it with a magnet. Installed it back in place through the shifter access flap opening.

Hat tip to HondaTech for the suggestion.

I guess I am supposed to provide pictures.....
Attached pictures of my 2019 1000-5 in the shop for some TLC ....one picture with latest June 2022 G&A magazine to validate it did really happen.

View attachment 334592 View attachment 334593 View attachment 334594
Good to know I am not the only Festool user in these parts.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!