P700m4 Battery

H

hydrantman

Been running a yellow top under the drivers seat for over two years now and have never had a problem with, never need to worry about the original battery not being there when needed.

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
Been running a yellow top under the drivers seat for over two years now and have never had a problem with, never need to worry about the original battery not being there when needed.

I wasn't as much worried about it as took the easier route. My welder and chop saw were buried...:)

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
What I wound up doing Several months later. I abandoned the fuse box in the battery box idea mostly to make it easier to add accessories and not have to run a wire from under seat to switch panel every time.

IMG 0875 IMG 0876

Reactions: Tramguage1
Vato

Vato

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2015
Installed a Optima battery in my buggy. This week's severe cold -17 wind chill made it difficult to start my buggy. No problem cranking with the Optima and a bit of weed burner Heat!
No complex dual battery for me. Simplicity is a wonderful thing.

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I couldn't be more satisfied with my setup it's been in the single digits for some time now and I've plowed some snow several times. Honda starts just like it does whenever it's in the 80's with the 850cca battery I used.

M

Maines

Feb 15, 2017
Houtzdale pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone found a direct replacement for the 700 that's better than factory? Such as an oddysey or equivalent.. not looking to fabricated anything if I don't have to, just looking for an upgrade with the room I have! Thank you

Reactions: junior1954
junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone found a direct replacement for the 700 that's better than factory? Such as an oddysey or equivalent.. not looking to fabricated anything if I don't have to, just looking for an upgrade with the room I have! Thank you
I'm with you and have been researching direct replacement-I'm in the process of installing an amp. under the front hood and an under seat sub-woofer so I'm not going to have room for a larger battery or multiple batteries.

If you just want the best starting battery and don't use your 700 in cold weather, don't run a lot of accessories (winch, plow) or use power with the engine off, a Lithium battery looks best. Lighter than lead acid and AGM batteries, higher life cycle and more power. They do require a lithium specific maintenance charger. If you're looking for something that will work better in the cold and that will allow discharge (winch, plow, radio with ignition off) AGM looks like the way to go. More power than lead acid and not as prone to deterioration when left with a partial charge compared to lead acid or lithium and it can be cycled without damage/shortened life (the lithium can't). AGM should also have a maintenance charger that's AGM. specific. Lead acid batteries are the cheapest. Any style battery is available with lots more power than the original.

I have no practical experience, only what I've read. I'd love to hear from anyone that can recommend a type or brand for direct replacement that has experience using it (thanks Vado for the Optima info.).

Last edited:
MikeG

MikeG

Dec 30, 2017
Baton Rouge LA.
Ownership

1. 700-2
IMG 1232
I'm with you and have been researching direct replacement-I'm in the process of installing an amp. under the front hood and an under seat sub-woofer so I'm not going to have room for a larger battery or multiple batteries.

If you just want the best starting battery and don't use your 700 in cold weather, don't run a lot of accessories (winch, plow) or use power with the engine off, a Lithium battery looks best. Lighter than lead acid and AGM batteries, higher life cycle and more power. They do require a lithium specific maintenance charger. If you're looking for something that will work better in the cold and that will allow discharge (winch, plow, radio with ignition off) AGM looks like the way to go. More power than lead acid and not as prone to deterioration when left with a partial charge compared to lead acid or lithium and it can be cycled without damage/shortened life (the lithium can't). AGM should also have a maintenance charger that's AGM. specific. Lead acid batteries are the cheapest. Any style battery is available with lots more power than the original.

I have no practical experience, only what I've read. I'd love to hear from anyone that can recommend a type or brand for direct replacement that has experience using it (thanks Vado for the Optima info.).

Reactions: junior1954
MikeG

MikeG

Dec 30, 2017
Baton Rouge LA.
Ownership

1. 700-2
I run xs in everything that I have. The ones in my powerstroke are 8 years old and have never had a issue.

This is the one I have in my brute force
IMG 1233

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Under the seat with a 175 amp breaker. Battery tray is galvanized angle and bolted onto factory mount tabs.

20170218 143116 20170218 143103

junior1954

junior1954

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Loda, Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mike, just to be sure, the PS320A will fit in place of the stock battery in my '17 700-4? This battery looks perfect!

Man, it's alot harder finding application charts and manufacturer cross references for UTV's compared to cars!

I haven't seen my Pioneer since before Christmas (at other home). Going down this weekend and will measure-kinda' shopping from a distance.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!