BOX1

Bed Mat Review

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Wanted to give my opinion of the Pioneer bed mat.

Coming out of the box, I first noticed that the mat was shipped flat, without any roll or curl. Went out of the box and straight and flat into the bed.

Image1 2

After laying the mat in the bed, I noticed that Honda did a great job of precisely cutting and fitting this matt to lay exactly in the corners and not obstruct the tie down D rings. It fits so well, that when lifting the bed into the dump position and the tail gate open, the mat doesn't budge in inch, natta, nothing at all!
Image11 2

Image13 1

Image15

Image14 1

As for the quality of the matt material, I find that it's made of high density rubber and measured exactly 1/4" thick.

Image9 4

Another point I'll make is that when closing the tail gate, a very small and slight amount of pressure is added to the bottom edge of the tail gate which I think helps prevent any rattle occurring from the tailgate when closed.
All in all, Honda hit a home run with their design and production of this bed mat.

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
Big River, did you notice if the floor mat made any difference in the amount of engine noise or gear whine coming into the cab. Since I put my roof and windshield on, I have noticed alot more noise inside the cab. I am just trying to figure out easy ways for blocking some of that extra sound.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Only reason I didn't get the bed Matt is bc my rear seats will be up and down a lot. If I get one I'd consider cutting it to fit the seat backs and glue it down. Otherwise I'd be rolling it up a lot when I carry rear passengers.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Bugnbrian, haven't really had it out much, I understand that the sound would get trapped by having the windshield and roof though.

B

Bugnbrian

Lifetime Member
Aug 24, 2013
BigRiver, the photos of your bed mat prove that it really is a great looking accessory. I feel the noise issue I am trying to fix is coming mostly from the floor and exhaust noise coming in through the rear. Swamper also noticed the noise from the floor and he figured out that is mostly gear whine. I think for the money, plus it being one of the only installations I could do myself ha ha, I am going to give the bed mat a try. Even if it doesn't affect the noise, it will obviously look great and come in handy when I am hauling off grass clippings, etc. Spent alot already and still gotta order the fabric flap for the rear, so it may be a couple months down the road, but your pics sold me on it! Also, If it does work for the gear whine, that adhesive idea Swamper had for fitting pieces over the rear seat stow covers is brilliant.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Glad to help Brian.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!