BOX1

P1000m3 Bed Tool/Storage Box

S

Slowdog

Mar 28, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Any ideas for a bed tool/storage box for a 1000-3. I need a weather proof place to store all my gear and was wondering what has worked for you.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any ideas for a bed tool/storage box for a 1000-3. I need a weather proof place to store all my gear and was wondering what has worked for you.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Someone used this I want to say it was @Koda but I did a quick search of the forum and didn't see it. I didn't dig very hard though.

Smittybilt Rear Lockable Storage Box - 2763

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
I used this one and like it. Still have room for my RTIC 45 behind it.

IMG 7359

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone used this I want to say it was @Koda but I did a quick search of the forum and didn't see it. I didn't dig very hard though.

Smittybilt Rear Lockable Storage Box - 2763
Yea, @Koda has that - it is pretty cool too.

I am downsizing now. I used to carry a water resistant box that took up a good bit of the bed. I have been purging my carriables lately and currently I am down to 2 ridgid cases that are waterproof and dust proof. You can pick them up at Home depot

1st box sits on bottom and holds tools and whatnots
Upload 2018 5 14 11 22 8

2nd box sits on top of the 1st and is more for some dry storage (trail food etc)
Upload 2018 5 14 11 21 24
Then If I need to add more storage for soft items I will use a dry bag.

Eventually I will do the door mod that @joeymt33 and @ohanacreek have done and maybe get rid of one of those.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea, @Koda has that - it is pretty cool too.

I am downsizing now. I used to carry a water resistant box that took up a good bit of the bed. I have been purging my carriables lately and currently I am down to 2 ridgid cases that are waterproof and dust proof. You can pick them up at Home depot

1st box sits on bottom and holds tools and whatnots
View attachment 75534

2nd box sits on top of the 1st and is more for some dry storage (trail food etc)
View attachment 75533
Then If I need to add more storage for soft items I will use a dry bag.

Eventually I will do the door mod that @joeymt33 and @ohanacreek have done and maybe get rid of one of those.

Do the door mod takes less than an hour if you have all the pieces.

HA I was at HomeDepot yesterday and thought about picking up one of each of those to use behind the rear seats for food and a little dry storage. I'm not sure if they will fit next to my 20qt Ozark Trail cooler though need to measure.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pic of the boxes in the bed
IMG 1161

The smaller of the two is on the bottom (they both lock together) and here is quick pic of what it looks like
IMG 1008

Those Rigid boxes are a lot of value for the money there is a site that is even cutting out foam to turn them into gun cases.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 75542
The smaller of the two is on the bottom (they both lock together) and here is quick pic of what it looks like
View attachment 75541

Those Rigid boxes are a lot of value for the money there is a site that is even cutting out foam to turn them into gun cases.

They really are especially considering they lock together, for this use it'd help them stay put. I can't find a better storage bag than those RightLine bags we've got. I have two of them in one door I am going to pick a couple more up for the other door. I already threw the water pump and hoses in there. I really don't know what else I NEED to carry.

With all the gear in the doors the bed is empty and I don't have to tie anything down anymore except the cooler and any storage I decide to pick up. I can get a full days worth of food and drinks on the tailgate now.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 75542
View attachment 75541

Those look nice ,wonder if they will fit in my rack

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those look nice ,wonder if they will fit in my rack

I think they are like 14" front to back and 22" side to side.. the height varies of course.
They really are especially considering they lock together, for this use it'd help them stay put. I can't find a better storage bag than those RightLine bags we've got. I have two of them in one door I am going to pick a couple more up for the other door. I already threw the water pump and hoses in there. I really don't know what else I NEED to carry.

With all the gear in the doors the bed is empty and I don't have to tie anything down anymore except the cooler and any storage I decide to pick up. I can get a full days worth of food and drinks on the tailgate now.
I know, That rightline bag I had with just some extra clothes in there to stay dust and water free. I am really trying to streamline what I carry... If it is just me for the day I take that small soft sided cooler, if going multiple days or family I will take a bigger cooler.

Reactions: BWAF and ohanacreek
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think they are like 14" front to back and 22" side to side.. the height varies of course.

I know, That rightline bag I had with just some extra clothes in there to stay dust and water free. I am really trying to streamline what I carry... If it is just me for the day I take that small soft sided cooler, if going multiple days or family I will take a bigger cooler.
Thank you sir I'll do some measuring tonight

S

Slowdog

Mar 28, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
View attachment 75542
View attachment 75541

I really like the Ridgid tool box idea, maybe putting 2, 22" side by side and building some sort of bracket to hold them in place rather than stacking them??

Reactions: Ragnar406
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
They waterproof?

Reactions: BWAF
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like the Ridgid tool box idea, maybe putting 2, 22" side by side and building some sort of bracket to hold them in place rather than stacking them??
You could, I know the bigger of the two I have- someone makes a bed mount for a RzR.. I started out with the smaller one for tools and then moved up in size.

Dewalt makes some nice waterproof tool boxes in different sizes that won't break the bank.

DEWALT 28 in. 12 Gal. Mobile Tool Box-DWST28100D - The Home Depot

View attachment 75564
I looked at dewalt too. I am a dewalt fan and almost went that way.

Reactions: BWAF
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!