P500 Before and after pics of sway bar disconnect.

P

PNWGuy

Found time today to set up a crude ramp to take some measurements of articulation with and without the sway bar connected.

Drove up the ramp forwards and backwards until one of the rear tires lost contact.

Before:

SB1

SB2

SB3

After:

Nsb1

NSB2

NSB3

I then took a quick ride around the block and it felt fine cornering on pavement and maybe a little more lean on low speed turns in the yard. Really couldn't tell much of a difference in ride quality, but, I'll have to get it back into the woods to see if rides better.

Articulation definitely increased. I was surprised at just how little wheel travel these things have.

Just thought folks would be interested in seeing that there is a definite improvement in articulation, which should increase traction when going over obstacles.

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I ride a lot of rocky trails at low speed. I seldom run at top end. The extra articulation works out great for my riding style

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I ride a lot of rocky trails at low speed. I seldom run at top end. The extra articulation works out great for my riding style
Same here.

P

PNWGuy

Yeah, me too. My only concern is the increased "tippyness" when going around off-camber obstacles. Ordering some 1" or 1.5" spacers this week to hopefully help that out without it getting too wide to get around the gates. Stupid Forest Service...

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
mines been off my 700 since 2015. little wider but i still fast corner pavement at 45 mph. it just leans a tad more than before but barely noticeable unless your really paying attention. i just like how it stays more level going on off camber trails

Reactions: Rustneversleeps
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
You should read about the air shocks mod JWB did.. Also, the A-arm bushings have teeth that make the A-arm a torsion bar to help the shocks. I eliminated those teeth.
View media item 3441

Reactions: PNWGuy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!