Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
TIP, Before you leave the dealership. There’s a common problem with a stripped battery cover captured well nut. Suggest to have the dealer demonstrate removal of the cover, and don’t overtighten when re-installing. Just saying, it can be a pain, better for them to learn the lesson and not you. Here’s some threads of the issue and some options to fix.
Wondering if a sticky thread would be helpful, (@Hondasxs ?).
P500 - Before leaving dealer - battery cover bolt
P500 - Caution on P500 battery cover bolts
P500 - Battery box screws issue
P500 - Battery box
P500 - Warped Cover

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

If overtigthened the captured well nut will start to spin on the plastic and make it a pain to remove.

I hand start and never use anything but a wrench to tighten.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Good info! I will have to investigate to see if I have this problem!

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
since so many have experienced this, could this be a stciky thread under “Buying a P500”.

C

Chooglin

The thing I don't get , why is it always the top bolt that does this and not the bottom one ?

Reactions: Mudder
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!