Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty much every guy i know with a p1k has some type of damage to this piece. New from Honda is about 500 bucks for both sides. Any interest in a set made out of .095 or .120?? Price would be less than oem for a set. I haven't tried to make a set yet but I've been tossing around the idea. If there's interest I'd look into producing them on a small scale. At least 30% thicker means it'll take more abuse and no more self tapping screws popping out of your skid plates.

R

rickoshea

I dented mine in the first month I had it.no point replacing it, I will dent it again without a doubt.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dented mine in the first month I had it.no point replacing it, I will dent it again without a doubt.
Oem is vert thin so yeah itll dent again. I think .095 will hold up alot better. I beat the absolute living hell out of my 095 sliders with only one dent to show for it.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got a new passenger side I’ll let go cheap or trade with ya, if you need a good template.
Hell yeah im interested. Pm me a price.

R

rickoshea

Oem is vert thin so yeah itll dent again. I think .095 will hold up alot better. I beat the absolute living hell out of my 095 sliders with only one dent to show for it.
i think it's about time i opened an account at a parcel pickup in washington state and have stuff delivered there and drive it across the border myself.my city house is only 20 min.north of the border.it's really hard to get aftermarket stuff for my honda up here.my best choices are kimpex and a couple other small distributors.every time i price something out i have to add a couple hundred for shipping.

Firemedic530

Firemedic530

Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
West Jefferson, Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd be interested, as you know, but what about adding tree kickers or at least a support to the frame on the back? Both of mine are bent behind the frame support from sliding rocks. I'd be happy to cut and weld the rear plate to bolt through my frame if the tube was there. I'm not sure if they all have the same tolerance for you to pre make that.

Reactions: Delton
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 2016 was mangled but I've kept the 2018 pretty straight with tube gussets. Great idea Delton! I expect to see a lot of people replacing those pieces as these machines get more miles

Reactions: joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if I can even do it but I'm wanting to try. Looks a little outside my limited skillset. If it works out, could even incorporate rock sliders into them as one piece.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd be interested, as you know, but what about adding tree kickers or at least a support to the frame on the back? Both of mine are bent behind the frame support from sliding rocks. I'd be happy to cut and weld the rear plate to bolt through my frame if the tube was there. I'm not sure if they all have the same tolerance for you to pre make that.
My sliders bolt to rectangular frame at back with an additional piece of tubing bolted to angled frame piece. They've been bullet proof so far. Too bad mine was already mangled before i installed them lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Mine could use a set lol.
Even replaced the set on our current machine but they are back to s***.

BDBCD17A 1E00 4D4D 80DB 1143F6D40124

This winter was planning on buying a new set yet again but reinforcing them before install. If you decide to do this and they are direct replacement we’d definitely be interested.

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 166562

This winter was planning on buying a new set yet again but reinforcing them before install. If you decide to do this and they are direct replacement we’d definitely be interested.
Man shipping would be outrageous yo get it to you. Still don't hurt to quote though right?
Now if i can just find some time lol

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

View attachment 166562

CP, I think this is the only way to keep yours intact...

Upload 2019 11 19 10 57 36

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Man shipping would be outrageous yo get it to you. Still don't hurt to quote though right?
Now if i can just find some time lol
Maybe but if I were to buy another set I’d rather ones I didn’t have to work on immediately. I think you’d sell the s*** out of those for replacements probably.

Reactions: Adam490 and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe but if I were to buy another set I’d rather ones I didn’t have to work on immediately. I think you’d sell the s*** out of those for replacements probably.
I think so too considering how many damaged ones are out there. Even undamaged those stock ones won't hold a self rapper for sh*t. On mine im gonna weld in some brackets to tubing then use countersunk flat head bolts to hold skid plate along the sides. I've tried everything with stock tubing and they've all sucked. Self tapping, nutserts, tacked in flange nuts....theyve all failed. Tired of that crap

Reactions: CumminsPusher

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!