P500 Best Bluetooth Option for a Pioneer 500

S

scubaboxer

Aug 17, 2017
Charleston, SC
Ownership

1. 500
Tried searching the forum for sound bar information, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have any experience with soundbars or wake board speakers for the P500? Rightnow I'm looking at 2 options; the NOAM NUTV5 wakeboard speaker kit, or the Powerbass XL800 Soundbar. Anyone have any experience with these and can offer any suggestions? The XL800 sounds really clear from what I've been told, but the wakeboard speakers tend to have more bass. Not looking for YouTube reviews, looking for personal experience. Anyone?!?! Thanks!

NOAM NUTV5 = NUTV5

Powerbass XL800 = Power Bass USA XL-800 Power Sports Sound Bar

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Don’t listen to @trigger He knows not what he does! Lol he’s all about the big thumping stereo thing. He’s ben known to be blasting LoverBoy while rolling threw the north woods:D. He does have a nice system tho;)
Ive had the NOAM system for about 2 years now and I like it. I would recommend 4 speakers if you have the room. If it’s in a P5 2 would be sufficient cuz they are loud. Not a ton of bass but for them being waterproof and ease of use for Bluetooth there a nice bang for your buck and sound great. Hope that helps.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Tried searching the forum for sound bar information, but couldn't find anything. Does anyone have any experience with soundbars or wake board speakers for the P500? Rightnow I'm looking at 2 options; the NOAM NUTV5 wakeboard speaker kit, or the Powerbass XL800 Soundbar. Anyone have any experience with these and can offer any suggestions? The XL800 sounds really clear from what I've been told, but the wakeboard speakers tend to have more bass. Not looking for YouTube reviews, looking for personal experience. Anyone?!?! Thanks!

NOAM NUTV5 = NUTV5

Powerbass XL800 = Power Bass USA XL-800 Power Sports Sound Bar
I just installed the NOAM NUTV5 2 speaker system on my P500 (I opted to hold off on the sub right now and was told it would soon be available separately, but it is quite large and not sure where to mount it).
I took it down the road last night and it sounded pretty good with the speakers mounted on the diagonal bars just above head rest.
While this system doesn't provide a thumping bass it is quite loud and clear and maybe a little fuller sound with the passive 3" radiator than a straight speaker? From a 15 minute drive, I think I'll be happy with this system.

As of right now, NOAM does not offer clamps for either the main ROPS bars of 1-5/8" diameter or the smaller 1-3/8" diagonal bars. What I did was to cut a short piece of 1-1/4" SCH 40 PVC (1.38" ID, 1.66" OD) and split lengthwise and fits over the diagonal bar. I then took same length piece of 1-1/2" SCH 40 (1.61" ID, 1.90" OD) and split lengthwise fitting over previous PVC collar with splits 90 degrees to the 1-1/4" pipe. I think this is a much more secure method than just using tape. BTW, if mounting on 1-5/8" diameter bars you only need to use the 1-1/2" SCH 40.

NOAM1
Amp mounted under hood high and dry - wires need to be cleaned up a bit in this photo.
NOAM3
Dash control flush mounted - 3.5mm audio jack barely visible in lower left
NOAM4
Close up of PVC bar spacers
NOAM5
Rear view
NOAM6
Speaker view from front
NOAM7
View from drivers door

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
S

scubaboxer

Aug 17, 2017
Charleston, SC
Ownership

1. 500
I just installed the NOAM NUTV5 2 speaker system on my P500 (I opted to hold off on the sub right now and was told it would soon be available separately, but it is quite large and not sure where to mount it).
I took it down the road last night and it sounded pretty good with the speakers mounted on the diagonal bars just above head rest.
While this system doesn't provide a thumping bass it is quite loud and clear and maybe a little fuller sound with the passive 3" radiator than a straight speaker? From a 15 minute drive, I think I'll be happy with this system.

As of right now, NOAM does not offer clamps for either the main ROPS bars of 1-5/8" diameter or the smaller 1-3/8" diagonal bars. What I did was to cut a short piece of 1-1/4" SCH 40 PVC (1.38" ID, 1.66" OD) and split lengthwise and fits over the diagonal bar. I then took same length piece of 1-1/2" SCH 40 (1.61" ID, 1.90" OD) and split lengthwise fitting over previous PVC collar with splits 90 degrees to the 1-1/4" pipe. I think this is a much more secure method than just using tape. BTW, if mounting on 1-5/8" diameter bars you only need to use the 1-1/2" SCH 40.

View attachment 68679
Amp mounted under hood high and dry - wires need to be cleaned up a bit in this photo.
View attachment 68680
View attachment 68681
View attachment 68682
Rear view
View attachment 68683
Speaker view from front
View attachment 68684
View from drivers door

Thanks! This is very thorough, and I like that you attached the pics! I'm probably going to go with this unit. Primarily, and after seeing your remote mounted on the dash, I was thinking I really don't want to have to pull my phone while rolling every time I want to change a song. With the soundbar, it looks like that's what I'd be doing, and reaching up and behind me every time I want to touch the volume. Don't really want to mount my phone on the dash either, like I see a lot of people do. To me, that's like taking your phone into the bathroom, eventually, it's going to get messed up, LOL ! Also like that you have a power distribution panel mounted in your hood; I'll be looking for one of those, too. Power's already there due to a previous winch install. Thanks again!

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I can also attest to the NOAM line of speakers. I have the nutv-4 Bluetooth system and have been extremely pleased. Able to keep my phone in my @Chooglin glove box (another must have) and use the provided Bluetooth controller for volume, switching songs, pausing, etc. Here’s a couple pics:

Two speakers mounted on the ROPs. I decided to put mine towards the outside bars so that it’s always easy to hear what the passenger is saying to me (vs installing towards the center of the cab where the speakers would be sorta between you and the passenger). Here you can also see my amp which I mounted to the underside of my roof with bolts and rubber washers, and the majority of the leftover wiring bundled up and zip-tied neatly to the bar. I have the power switch mounted here as well because I ran my power straight from the battery so having the switch up there makes it easy to remember to power it off when that bright blue light is lit up. NOTE: I did need to buy a little additional wire for power to reach the battery compartment, but it was like $5.

4b8699fc36261ce057675b2088f74f88

Here’s where I mounted the Bluetooth controller (zip tied very tightly and wedged in an angle against the roll bar and inside of the roof). Just another option for someone Incase they were weary of cutting into the dash.
718e445638472b53c1b02a0ddba9ab66

Overall I’m very impressed with this lil system. Granted it’s not going to have a ton of bass but this thing can get LOUD! It suites our needs just to have background music on while cruising trails and standing around talking during breaks. Also the way I have everything mounted is very stable (nothing budges or makes vibration noises) but still easily removable by a few snips of zip ties incase I decide I want to change up how things are mounted. Much thanks to the guys up here I’ve messaged back and forth for info while deciding what system to get and installation ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
hillbilly, I never thought about that, good idea

SXSHP500CO

SXSHP500CO

Pounding - Beaver
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2017
Northglenn Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Bose noise cancelling ear buds. You can hear your music and not ruin your hearing. Have a UE Boom blue tooth speaker for listening when parked.

Sorry nearly 50 and want save what hearing i have left.

Wait till you pass 50 the hearing becomes very selective...... Hell I didn't know I was married till she really got yelling!!!

Reactions: Gassygordo
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Cheap N easy bluetooth boom cooler, and I still get to use it for a dry box.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 68679
View attachment 68680
View attachment 68681
View attachment 68682
Rear view
View attachment 68683
Speaker view from front
View attachment 68684
View from drivers door
Almost forgot about this post - Thought I would give an update:
After riding the trails at Takeover, I can tell you the PVC spacers worked great, absolutely no slipping of the speakers when clamped down. Sound was pretty good on the trail as well.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!