P1000 Best full cab option for 1000-3 seater

K

Kelan

Sep 19, 2018
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello all,

I am wondering what the best full cab options are currently for the 1000-3 EPS version side x side. I know DFK makes one and alumalite armor as well. I've head the honda made ones are junk. Any input appreciated. Also, are having the tilt out front windshield, roof vents, and maybe a sliding rear window all important in getting airflow in and around to mitigate dust during a warmer day riding?? I believe even the windows in the doors are removable on some.

Thanks in advance

S

SWOYEKR

Sep 25, 2018
SE PA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
In also, just got a quote from dealer for like 5k for the whole shabang. Not preferable.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Canuck1000

Canuck1000

Aug 3, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just went for a ride in a friends Kubota diesel rig with full cab and heater and now I’m convinced I need a similar winter setup for the Pioneer. That Kubota is slower than molasses and no ground clearance!

MMW

MMW

Sep 5, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello all,

I am wondering what the best full cab options are currently for the 1000-3 EPS version side x side. I know DFK makes one and alumalite armor as well. I've head the honda made ones are junk. Any input appreciated. Also, are having the tilt out front windshield, roof vents, and maybe a sliding rear window all important in getting airflow in and around to mitigate dust during a warmer day riding?? I believe even the windows in the doors are removable on some.

Thanks in advance
Mine is by Trail Armor,,,,a bit pricy but well built

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
In all honesty for a 3 seater the hard rear, glass windshield and fabric doors will keep most plenty warm. Wasn’t a fan of the fabric back doors though.
If someone has some patience and some tools a hard cab can be built much cheaper then aftermarket, that’s what we decided to do a couple years ago. Wanted a hard cab but nothing was available at the time so that helped the push.
3A77C3B2 1862 4B72 A046 5DD1C3887ECB

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
In all honesty for a 3 seater the hard rear, glass windshield and fabric doors will keep most plenty warm. Wasn’t a fan of the fabric back doors though.
If someone has some patience and some tools a hard cab can be built much cheaper then aftermarket, that’s what we decided to do a couple years ago. Wanted a hard cab but nothing was available at the time so that helped the push.
View attachment 92520
Btw CP, did you sell those doors/enclosures?

Reactions: BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Lol well, everything’s for sale. How many monies you want for them?
My set isn’t. The problem building others is my design sits 1/2” deep inside the ROPS so they can’t be ripped off by trees, the seal is on the inside with exact fit so no gaps. Problem being the Pioneer has sloppy fit and finish, nothing like automotive, the way the doors and ROPS is way different between rigs. Makes replications impossible unless I had the rig and was able to adjust it.
It wasn’t too bad to build but to build for others to install would be a pita and I’d have to build massive slop into the design. Not worth it

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My set isn’t. The problem building others is my design sits 1/2” deep inside the ROPS so they can’t be ripped off by trees, the seal is on the inside with exact fit so no gaps. Problem being the Pioneer has sloppy fit and finish, nothing like automotive, the way the doors and ROPS is way different between rigs. Makes replications impossible unless I had the rig and was able to adjust it.
It wasn’t too bad to build but to build for others to install would be a pita and I’d have to build massive slop into the design. Not worth it
I know dude, we had this conversation a couple years ago, just thought I’d see if you could be wore down a little on your set. ;):D

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I would say it’s 20% versus the OEM hard cab. This was a custom job because I lowered the cage 4 1/2 inches. I think I had to pay him around $550.

Just the hard doors alone are over two grand and that doesn’t count buying the rear panel which is included with CEC

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I went with Honda glass (w/ wiper), roof and hard back panel with a split open window. I have CEC upper fabric doors on the way. It looks like a much tighter fit than the Honda fabric doors and they appear easy to put on and take off.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I went with Honda glass (w/ wiper), roof and hard back panel with a split open window. I have CEC upper fabric doors on the way. It looks like a much tighter fit than the Honda fabric doors and they appear easy to put on and take off.
Cool, do you have a link for those CEC uppers, I couldn’t find them. Thx

Reactions: sharp and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!